Thread: G'day

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

G'day

G'day all,

I am the proud owner of a 2014 LS Mirage in Pop Green. It is affectionately referred to as "The Wasabi Pea".

I am also the owner of a 2013 Triton GLX+, 4X4, dual cab in white.

These are the latest in a series of Mitsubishi vehicles, and I look forward to some upgrades to the Mirage!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Noopernipe!

How long have you had your Mirage? Why did you decide to go with the Mirage vs other cars?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Hello from bluejellybean:):)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Welcome.
    Welcome! !!!!!!! Glad you made a wize choice! Like to see a picture of your mirage.and all that you do to it
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    G'day mate! Welcome! I see from google earth you live in a beautiful location. Would like to see Australia someday. If you take some car pictures show some of that scenery there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard fellow owner! Long live the Mirage!!

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site Noopernipe!

How long have you had your Mirage? Why did you decide to go with the Mirage vs other cars?
    Cheers mate!

I have only had it a couple of days. I have a Diesel ute that I use a lot of the time, but I wanted a small, safe, fuel efficient second car, with decent eco credentials. After looking at a number of small cars, I narrowed it down to the Mirage, the VW up! and the Nissan Micra. The decision came down to these points;

• The LS Mirage (top of the line, here in Australia) has standard features that easily eclipse the others, plus a decent amount of rear legroom.

• Although The VW handles a bit better, and has a slightly better quality interior, the pop-out rear windows, limited rear legroom, and steel wheels are a deal breaker.

• The Micra has a slightly larger boot, but has a lower safety rating, and uses much more fuel.

The only gripe I have with the Mirage, is the lack of cruise control, even as an option. Hence my posts in the cruise control topic. I work in Engineering, so I'm sure that with the help of other members, I will find a way to get the USA spec cruise control operational in my vehicle.
    Last edited by Noopernipe; 08-22-2014 at 06:24 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Noopernipe View Post
    I'm sure that with the help of other members, I will find a way to get the USA spec cruise control operational in my vehicle.
    That would be excellent.

Welcome, Noopernipe!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)