Thread: Fuel consumption on my new mirage 1.2 GS Malaysia

Country
    Malaysia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Fuel consumption on my new mirage 1.2 GS Malaysia

Just got the car last thusday. Pumped petrol( 29L) full tank on Friday n reseted the odometer to 0.However on Monday, the indicator was blinking n I checked the mileage, it stated there 340km, n I was onli able to achieve 7.4L/100km. Is this normal?

Regards
    JL

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    That pretty much matches my first tank and also a couple of others in the fuel log for their first couple of tanks. A new engine is going to need to run in a bit before it gets it's most economical. Also, it will depend on what type of driving you are doing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AntInOz View Post
    That pretty much matches my first tank and also a couple of others in the fuel log for their first couple of tanks. A new engine is going to need to run in a bit before it gets it's most economical. Also, it will depend on what type of driving you are doing.
    If tats the case, then I shall assume after a few tanks of petrol, the fC will improve.
    Bro may I know the size of your rim? I changed mine to 15 inches on the 1st day itself when I 1st got the car. N do u switch on the air-con while u driving your car?

Regards
    JL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site.

If you check the fuel log you can see people are getting anywhere from 7.4 to 5.4 l/100km. So, you're a little on the high side, but you just got the car and aren't even used to it yet. The engine also isn't broken in yet. You'll see it improve over some time.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site.

If you check the fuel log you can see people are getting anywhere from 7.4 to 5.4 l/100km. So, you're a little on the high side, but you just got the car and aren't even used to it yet. The engine also isn't broken in yet. You'll see it improve over some time.
    Hi Doax! Nice to meet u. Mind sharing with me the best FC u can achieve during city drive?
    Thks in advance

Regards
    JL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I do not currently own a Mirage. They aren't available here yet.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack lim View Post
    If tats the case, then I shall assume after a few tanks of petrol, the fC will improve.
    Bro may I know the size of your rim? I changed mine to 15 inches on the 1st day itself when I 1st got the car. N do u switch on the air-con while u driving your car?
    Mine came with 15" Alloys. I have auto climate control on mine so it varies as far as air-con goes. It was on all last week, and the heating is on this week! Melbourne weather for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    My Mirage GLS CVT consumes 8.5L/100km, yours is much better...

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
    My Mirage GLS CVT consumes 8.5L/100km, yours is much better...
    hi sniper, you've got many toll roads around KL. I guess it will be quite fuel efficient innit ? except during rush hour, traffic jam.. LOL ..