Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger Wiper (arm is "bent" upward on Canada/U.S. cars?)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I bet its due to snow.... if that wiper was as low as the ones across the pond then it would freeze up super easy..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by travels View Post
    So I finnally find a kind of solution, you change the passenger wiper arm by the driver one.
    that fit, you will have 2 driver side wiper arm in front, you can keep both blade, the driver one will be on top of the passenger one, on non using postion
    Did you do this already? Can you post a pic?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Can someone provide the part number for the un-bent/lower passenger side wiper arm?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd dredge up this 4.5 year old thread.

I'm considering removing my "bent upward" right side wiper, and then moving my driver's side wiper one tooth lower. To better it tuck it down out of air flow when in it's "parked" position. This ought to increase the mpg out the wazoo!

Nah, but really, it should give a little bump to mpg, especially at higher speeds. I have been using mine to blaze the interstate between Atlanta and Chattanooga. Besides, I don't care if my passenger can see out or not.

Whenst I was a younger whipper snapper, the trend was to remove the driver's wiper. Then move the passenger wiper (or move the driver's wiper to the passenger side) until it would cover as much as the driver as possible at full wipe. In parking position it would be at the 1:00 or 2:00 position on the windshield (from the driver's seat). Not a distraction for the driver. It had a very "Rally" racing kind of look to it. Low riders did this too.

But in my case with the cute little Blueberry, I want to tuck it down a notch while in parked position.

Has anyone done this?

P.S. - I cleaned up the cute little Blueberry yesterday (and my dad's truck), and it rained this morning. Had to drive it through the slop. Ain't that a kick in the Johnson. I parked my dad's truck in his garage so it is still clean and comfy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Not contributing anything useful here, but ...

If you don't like the Mirage's wiper "bend", you'll really not like what they did on the USDM iMiev!

Name:  35178152-1.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  96.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    That's just silly. I don't care about the look on mine, I just want minimal drag.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

If you don't like the Mirage's wiper "bend", you'll really not like what they did on the USDM iMiev!

Ahh the imiev such an ill thought out car that literally made no sense. The range on these first models in reality was around 40 miles. Totally useless unless you lived were you worked

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    The European models have the flat sort. The other bent-up variety is because of some regulation about the surface area of windshield needing to be wiped.

From my own experience, the non-bent sort wipes better than the bent-up sort. Vision is also better, raining or not. Obviously that regultion misses its target.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd dredge up this 4.5 year old thread.
    LMK how that goes for you. I was in the Philippines last year but the trip got cut because of COVID and I was not able to source parts. I would still prefer to use JDM wipers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

After reading what Foama shared about so much of the windshield has to be covered by the wipers, I can see their logic somewhat? The windshield on the I-Miev is quite tall. A shorter wiper wouldn't reach your line of sight. It would still make more sense to have two longer wipers overlap one another rather than have that silly arrangement.

Rather than have the driver's side wiper rotate clockwise and the passenger side rotate counter-clockwise, it's probably easier, cheaper to have both wiper rotate the same direction. Just a theory on my part.