Thread: Mitsu :: 1998 Mitsubishi 1.5 L DE (1998) (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsu
    Mitsubishi
    1.5 L DE (1998)
    Silver
    Automatic

It's a DE that was destroyed in an accident and rebuilt with some LS parts. I currently was just going to ride it out until it finally died but I've decided I'm going to restore it to its former glory and improve it aesthetically.

Comments: 3 / Views: 3954
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you found the mirage forum! That's a good idea to restore your mirage and keep it on the road. It shows how great these cars are.keep the mirage fever going. And spread the word
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question idle issues?

have you ever had any issues with the fuel/ ignition timing because my mirage isn't wanting to rev at all and the idle is choppy but only when it is worm and i cant find any info about my car

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderoo View Post
    have you ever had any issues with the fuel/ ignition timing because my mirage isn't wanting to rev at all and the idle is choppy but only when it is worm and i cant find any info about my car
    Your Mirage has the 4G15 engine with a distributor. Have you attempted to time it or do a compression test?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)