Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage sedan "Concept G4" unveiled in Thailand (photos / video) named "Attrage"

Sure looks like a production car to me, with a few "concept" highlights: headlights, chrome accents, body kit pieces, fancy wheels, bling grille.

Since my main interest is efficiency, I'm always on the lookout for the aerodynamic elements, and I noticed:

• good: drag-reducing rear spoiler
    • good: the front upper "grille" is almost entirely a styling feature - it looks to be over 90% closed
    • bad (?): Mitsu seems to have abandoned the "sharp" corners of the rear bumper that are present on the hatchback

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    They might bring those sharp corners back for the production car. Its not like they're super rounded on the sides, just not as sharp as we've seen on a lot of newer cars. The spoiler/lip seems to be a nice aero add.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Gizmag posted a story and photo gallery with better pictures (better lighting):

http://www.gizmag.com/mitsubishi-con...4-debut/26811/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Yeah, much better lighting in some of those pictures.

I gotta say I really like the rear lip / spoiler on the car. Adds some real style and a different look.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Just added a YouTube video of the sedan to post #1.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    drooling... but I still love my hatchback :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 37.0 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.4 mpg (Imp)

I prefer the hatch too. More practical/versatile. (And better looking, if you want to argue about subjectivity!)

---

FYI, Talldino just posted a thread: New renderings of Mirage Sedan

FYI, the sedan will be shown in Shanghai later this month:

Source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/update/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Autoblog posts another negative (surprise!) assessment of the Mirage, this time about the G4 concept:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/20/m...-shanghai-2013

A couple of blog posts today say that Mitsubishi is considering offering the Mirage sedan in the U.S. for 2015:

At the brand's regional dealer meetings held during the first two weeks of April, dealers were shown a rendering of the car ...

“Mitsubishi is looking into introducing a small, entry-level sedan to the United States market, and while we continue to study the market trend and demand for this smaller-segment sedan, we have not come to a concrete decision on when this model may make the U.S. showroom,” a company spokesman said in a statement.
    Source: http://www.auto123.com/en/news/mitsu...5?artid=155762