Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage sedan "Concept G4" unveiled in Thailand (photos / video) named "Attrage"

Mirage sedan "Concept G4" unveiled in Thailand (photos / video) named "Attrage"

Updated March 25:

Mitsubishi announced the world premiere of its "Concept G4" compact sedan (G4 = global 4-door) at the Bangkok Motor Show on March 25th.

We've seen speculative renderings of a Mirage sedan before (see: Mirage Sedan... to be released this year?), but the concept wears quite a different face than the hatchback version of the car:

Pre-show image of the "G4 Concept" sedan, released by Mitsubishi.
    Mitsubishi images released prior to Shanghai auto show
    Artist's rendering of the production version of the Mirage sedan.

(Courtesy of, and for full size images see: http://www.theophiluschin.com )
    (More photos of the show car posted further down this thread in post#9...)

The company says the car will use the 1.2L engine, mated to the CVT.

One potentially interesting thing about a Mirage sedan: it could have a better drag coefficient than most versions of the hatchback. It probably wouldn't get as low as the 0.27 that some of the 1.0L Mirages in the U.K., Europe & Japanese spec hatchbacks get because the 1.2L requires bigger grille openings for cooling. But 0.28 or 0.29 seems reasonable, depending on wheels/tires.

Here's the G4 info from Mitsubishi's press release:

MITSUBISHI Concept G4 Compact Sedan Concept Car to Be Unveiled at 34th Bangkok International Motor Show
    Tokyo, March 4 2013 - Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (MMTh), Mitsubishi Motors Corporation's (MMC) exclusive producer and distributor in Thailand, will present the global debut of the MITSUBISHI Concept G4*1 concept model for a new-generation compact sedan at the 34th Bangkok International Motor Show*2 from March 25 through April 7.

The MITSUBISHI Concept G4 will be part of a lineup of 23 concept and Thai-built models on the MMTh booth. Thailand-built production models on display will include the Mirage global compact car, which has been a hot seller in Thailand.

*1: Global 4-door sedan.
    *2: For more information please visit http://www.grandprixgroup.com/motorshow/Default2.aspx

1. MITSUBISHI Concept G4

The MITSUBISHI Concept G4 is a concept model for a new compact sedan which MMC plans to roll out globally. The MITSUBISHI Concept G4 uses a high-clarity brilliant-cut diamond motif in the design of the front grill, headlamps and rear combination lamps to create a frontal visage with a commanding presence and a tail end which leaves a sharp impression as it drives off into the distance.

The MITSUBISHI Concept G4 carries next-generation compact sedan styling featuring

• a short nose which delivers an outstanding forward field of view and superior maneuverability,
    • graceful and flowing side proportions which balances interior space among the most generous in its class with very sleek aerodynamics, and
    • a dynamic character line which kicks up towards the rear.

The MITSUBISHI Concept G4 achieves fuel efficiency that is among the best in its class as its RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) body - the lightest in its class due to the extensive use of high-tensile steel - is powered by a lightweight and compact 1.2-liter MIVEC engine mated to a CVT with sub-geartrain in addition to uncompromising weight reduction throughout.

The MITSUBISHI Concept G4 delivers driving pleasure thanks to the agile and pleasing driving dynamics stemming from its lighter weight as well as its reassuring handling/stability and comfortable ride. Passenger comfort is enhanced by the high hip point and large door openings which facilitate entry and exit as well as by its generous rear seat leg space.

2. Mitsubishi Motors' Lineup at the 34th Bangkok International Motor Show
    Model
    No. on display
    Comments
    MITSUBISHI Concept G4
    World premiere concept model.
    MITSUBISHI Concept GR-HEV
    Concept model (due to be exhibited at 2013 Geneva Motor Show).
    Mirage
    Built at MMTh.
    Lancer EX
    Built at MMTh.
    Triton
    L200 in some markets. Built at MMTh.
    Pajero Sport
    Montero Sport or Nativa in some markets. Built at MMTh.
    Total

3. Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (MMTh) Profile
    1) Head office: 88 Moo 11 Phahonyothin Road
    Tambon Klong Nueng, Amphoe Khlong Luang
    Pathum Thani 12120, Thailand
    2) Factory: 199 Moo 3 Leam Chabang Industrial Estate
    Tungsukhla, Sriracha
    Chonburi 20230, Thailand
    3) Representative director: Nobuyuki Murahashi
    4) Capitalization: THB 7 billion
    5) Employees: Approximately 7,400
    6) Founded: January 1987
    7) Models produced
    No. 1 Factory: Triton (L200), Pajero Sport, Lancer EX
    No. 2 Factory: Triton (L200), Pajero Sport
    No. 3 Factory: Mirage

Full release: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/pub...etail0872.html

Attached Images Attached Images   

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Matt (03-04-2013)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I would like to see a sedan version.

Personally, or in general? Your Mazda is a hatch, yes?

The American market definitely needs a sedan. It's generally not thought of as a hatchback market (though that seems to have changed a lot in the last 5 years or so). EG: the top-selling subcompact in the country is the Nissan Versa sedan. Nissan is just getting around to bringing a new hatchback version (the Versa Note) to the US this year.

EDIT: just had a thought - if they actually do bring a 1.2L, 3-cyl sedan to Canada/US, it will be the first 3-cylinder sedan ever offered.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No, I don't think I would purchase a sedan, but it would be interesting to see it, and I like the idea of expanding the market.

I'm a little confused on the Versa...is this an entirely new car from the Versa they already sell here? The old Versa hatch isn't that small, and doesn't get very good EPA numbers.

Another potentially interesting thing about a Mirage sedan: it could have a better drag coefficient than the hatchback.

Now, if they don't offer the 1.0 L in the sedan it probably won't be as low as 0.27 that some U.K., Europe & Japanese spec hatchbacks get (owing to smaller grille openings for cooling the more efficient engine). But 0.28 or 0.29 seems likely, depending on wheels/tires.

(Added this info to post #1)

---

Versa: Yeah, the "Versa Note" hatchback coming as a 2014 will replace the "old" Versa hatch that's still being sold. It'll be more efficient than the old one, and more expensive than the Versa sedan: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/15/2...-detroit-2013/

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

blownb310 (03-28-2013),Matt (03-04-2013)

We should see photos of the sedan concept "today" or "tomorrow", depending on which time zone you inhabit.

...and of course the website for the Bangkok Motor Show crashed and hasn't been available all day.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Haha, perfect timing...
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

G4 sedan photos

Annnnnnd, here it is.

Photos from paultan.org. Visit the site for a gallery with many more and larger images:

Mitsubishi Concept G4 previews Mirage sedan

Attached Images Attached Images    

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

asher (03-26-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I gotta say I like it. I'm sure the lights will be styled down if/when it goes to production, but it looks pretty nice.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)