Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    A neat thing (may already have been posted) is when you key off for an engine off glide, the headlights stay on at night and the radio even keeps working.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpon View Post
    Anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure it's true. Looking at a picture of mine and one of a CVT model, it doesn't look like there is a difference. If there is, you must have to get really close.
    It's true! And no need to get close.

On the right side of the grill (our left facing the car) there is a whole panel section more blocked off on the manuals compared to the CVTs. Plus the trans cooler and it's pipes are visible on the CVTs that the manual is lacking.

Separated by the vertical molded reinforcements in the grille the CVT only has the first section blocked and the manual has the second one blocked off as well. I would say up to at least 40% of the lower grille is blocked on the manuals.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Cool! I know of another one that goes to my school. Next time I drive by it, I'm gonna find out.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpon View Post
    Anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure it's true. Looking at a picture of mine and one of a CVT model, it doesn't look like there is a difference. If there is, you must have to get really close.
    It's true here in Aus, CVT mirages have more lower grille open, manual has far right side blocked. Can't be removed, it's a single piece, I tried

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yup I had to contend with it as well when adding my DRL's.... Its a permanent fixture unless you pull out the entire grill, which is something I'm considering, and replacing it with wire mesh...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDE5Spd View Post
    I was just at the dealer yesterday for my oil change and tire rotation. I asked about the starter grinding but they hadn't heard of it. They are quite a small dealership, they remembered me from being there 6 months ago for my last oil change.

Thanks for the link to the TSB, I'm definitely taking them this information and hopefully getting it straightened out before it leaves me stranded somewhere.
    Finally going in for the TSB tomorrow. I have about 31k on it now, still running and driving fine; needs tires sooner than later. The dealer says they're changing the starter,flywheel, and drive plate. I brought up changing the clutch as well, they agreed and are trying to get it included.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    It's true! And no need to get close.

On the right side of the grill (our left facing the car) there is a whole panel section more blocked off on the manuals compared to the CVTs. Plus the trans cooler and it's pipes are visible on the CVTs that the manual is lacking.

Separated by the vertical molded reinforcements in the grille the CVT only has the first section blocked and the manual has the second one blocked off as well. I would say up to at least 40% of the lower grille is blocked on the manuals.
    Manuals don't have a cooler and the additional blocked grill area helps with aerodynamics. During especially cold periods of time you can basically block the entire grill.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So the Mirage has been out now for over 2 years and we are still finding out new things about this car!

The other day I went to put my driver's window up, so I raised the window lever so it would go up automatically. Unbeknownst to me, something was sticking out of the window, preventing it from raising all the way. Once the window hit this object in the way, the window immediately reversed and went all the way down automatically! So, I guess this means that kids can't try to raise the window up on their little brother's head anymore.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Software Engineer
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    So the Mirage has been out now for over 2 years and we are still finding out new things about this car!

The other day I went to put my driver's window up, so I raised the window lever so it would go up automatically. Unbeknownst to me, something was sticking out of the window, preventing it from raising all the way. Once the window hit this object in the way, the window immediately reversed and went all the way down automatically! So, I guess this means that kids can't try to raise the window up on their little brother's head anymore.
    I think a lot of newer cars do this now. I thought it was a new safety feature that came under law a few years back?

My other car, a 2012 Ford Focus also does this, as does my parents 2008 Ford Edge and 2012 Dodge.

Only car I've ever owned that did not do this was a 2001 Honda CRV

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.7 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRagland View Post
    I think a lot of newer cars do this now. I thought it was a new safety feature that came under law a few years back?

My other car, a 2012 Ford Focus also does this, as does my parents 2008 Ford Edge and 2012 Dodge.

Only car I've ever owned that did not do this was a 2001 Honda CRV

I'm unsure on that, but it would make sense. My brothers and I would try to pin each other in the car via the power windows when I was a kid. I'm amazed we never broke a window, or our fingers!

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.