Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Trust me it's pretty stable in stock form...l take corners very...shall we say...swiftly...and no tipping...just lots of body roll.
    They do have a low center of gravity

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The recent heat waves have uncovered a "quirk" in my Mirage. During the summer months, on sunny days, I will crack the windows a little in the morning to keep the interior from getting too hot and damaging the upholstery. Now, however, I have a new reason to do so - the stereo.

A couple of times this season I forgot to crack the windows in the morning, and when I went to drive my car the stereo wouldn't work...no power to it at all, the display completely blank with no backlight. But, once the interior cooled down, AND after shutting off the ignition for at least 30 seconds, the stereo would work again, just as if nothing had happened.

Has anybody else encountered this? Is the stereo protecting itself from excessive heat or is it "dying"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stecoop For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    The recent heat waves have uncovered a "quirk" in my Mirage. During the summer months, on sunny days, I will crack the windows a little in the morning to keep the interior from getting too hot and damaging the upholstery. Now, however, I have a new reason to do so - the stereo.

A couple of times this season I forgot to crack the windows in the morning, and when I went to drive my car the stereo wouldn't work...no power to it at all, the display completely blank with no backlight. But, once the interior cooled down, AND after shutting off the ignition for at least 30 seconds, the stereo would work again, just as if nothing had happened.

Has anybody else encountered this? Is the stereo protecting itself from excessive heat or is it "dying"?
    While not heat related, this TSB sounds similar:

TSB: Display Audio Failure In Cold Temperatures

Might be worth reporting to your dealer to check out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (07-21-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

That sounds like an electrical issue. My Mirage has been in Alabama and Georgia only, very hot states, and I rarely vent my windows as it rains unexpectedly all the time here. No issues like that with my head unit. Is yours a touch screen or old school set up?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My Mirage has been in Alabama and Georgia only, very hot states,
    And sometimes South Carolina...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Somewhat relevant to point out my current issue with my old school head unit stereo on my 2014 Mirage: the volume knob doesn't work half the time.

You will go counter-clockwise to turn the music down, and it will stay at your volume level (1-45 on the base model stereos) and kinda flicker at the spot you're on. I've had the volume go up when you crank the knob down, and vice versa. Also works normal 3/4 of the time. So can be embarrassing if you can't turn down your music. I think it's basically like i wore out my joystick on my video game console.

Another issue to watch out for: Half my backlight on my centre console doesn't light up any more at night. So things are getting old.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts

I have a 2017 Mirage ES with plain factory radio/clock. My stereo had an issue with going out completely, but it was not weather related. I looked up my original post -

"My radio/clock (2017 Mirage ES) started cutting out this week (7 months ownership & approximately 9000 miles). At first I thought it was an issue between my cell phone & Bluetooth. Soon discovered that wasn't it. Did a search on the forum & discovered this one.

The yellow box holding two fuses (one specifically for the radio) was not pushed in all the way! Problem solved! Gotta love a simple solution!

Don't be afraid to give it a good shove in. You can actually feel it slip in place. Mine was definitely not pushed in all the way."

This is the thread that show the yellow box holding two fuses (see post #5) -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...for-loose-fuse

I would give that yellow box a good strong shove in. You can check that off your list of potential problems at least.

It was the bumps on the road & that loose fuse box that was causing my radio/clock to go on & off.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The stereo in question is the base model. That fuse box suggestion sounds like a possibility...extreme heat could cause it to expand, causing a connection to open up; then when it cools off, the connection closes. I'll have to look into that, when weather permits.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, everybody.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stecoop For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    The stereo in question is the base model. That fuse box suggestion sounds like a possibility...extreme heat could cause it to expand, causing a connection to open up; then when it cools off, the connection closes. I'll have to look into that, when weather permits.

Yeah, I just noticed you have a 2017 ES, too. Backup camera became standard in 2018. Thus, you probably have the same radio as me.

I read where someone thought the cars were shipped with those fuses pulled out. If the dealer doesn't shove them in all the way during the prep. work, I think this issue probably comes up. At first I thought my fuses were shoved in, but when I checked a second time I realized they were not. I've not had a radio/clock issue since. It's a little hard to reach in there. The fact that the radio comes on & off eliminates a blown fuse theory. Good luck!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Updates please.