Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Bill - This here is the sketch I have for the exhaust. Your muffler doesn't look Ed Zachery the same. Are you the original owner? I highlighted the resonator, just ignore that. But in any event, I believe Mitsu could downsize that muffler quite a lot, reduce their cost, and still have very acceptable exhaust noise. Course, they have to meet dB regulations ... maybe this is the least expensive muffler they could source to meet requirements.

CAT / MUFFLER / RESONATOR

Name:  Exhaust 1.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  48.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am the original owner. Its a 2021 G4 SE bought new

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I find the high pitch noise when driving low speed as 20-30 mph to be entertaining as listening to the similar noise from the Dodge Challenger 392!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    The recent heat waves have uncovered a "quirk" in my Mirage. During the summer months, on sunny days, I will crack the windows a little in the morning to keep the interior from getting too hot and damaging the upholstery. Now, however, I have a new reason to do so - the stereo.

A couple of times this season I forgot to crack the windows in the morning, and when I went to drive my car the stereo wouldn't work...no power to it at all, the display completely blank with no backlight. But, once the interior cooled down, AND after shutting off the ignition for at least 30 seconds, the stereo would work again, just as if nothing had happened.

Has anybody else encountered this? Is the stereo protecting itself from excessive heat or is it "dying"?
    My new 2022 mirage es (white in color) when parked outside with the weather in the 90's plus after starting the car, I have no radio/back up screen for up to 15-20 minutes! Once the AC has been running and cooling down the interior the radio screen will reappear as if once cooled down. After reading the forum notes, I checked the yellow fuse carrier and found that the yellow container for the fuses was not pushed in all the way. Haven't had time to check it today, but will update my findings after a few days to see if it is still happening. Thanks to the forum for the feedback to check it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tehiltz For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-10-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    That's what happened to me too!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    My 2013 Space Star has a build-in radio with CD player. When the car is off (don't know the appropriate word in English) the radio is dead, and doesn't react on any button, as expected. But the CD eject button still works.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

Wil B (03-13-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    My 2013 Space Star has a build-in radio with CD player. When the car is off (don't know the appropriate word in English) the radio is dead, and doesn't react on any button, as expected. But the CD eject button still works.
    I think my Mirage, Forester, & Impala (driving school car) will eject a CD after the vehicle is turned off, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think my Mirage, Forester, & Impala (driving school car) will eject a CD after the vehicle is turned off, too.
    Do any vehicles not work this way? I'm pretty sure most aftermarket decks do this too.
    I can eject the cd and even a cassette from my trucks stock stereo with the key off lol
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-13-2023 at 12:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do any vehicles not work this way? I'm pretty sure most aftermarket decks do this too.
    I can eject the cd and even a cassette from my trucks stock stereo with the key off lol
    That was sort of my point, too! Anything I drive or use works the same way.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you now I know where to keep my jack!