Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Ok I got one. Not really a quirk but more of a hidden feature you probably didn't know.(I didn't).

Winter is coming for us on the northern half of the globe so you can try this one soon.

To augment heater performance the Mirage is equipped with an electric heating pad that is positioned in front of the heater core in the HVAC case. It warmes the air flowing to and through the heater core so it gives warm air quicker plus some of the heat gets passed on to the coolant circulating inside the heater core through this flow of warm air helping with engine warmup time.

Both automatic and manual A/C systems got it.

It is called PTC heater (Positive Temperature Coefficient) and it will operate under the following conditions:

-Engine running
    -Blower fan on
    -Temperature setting: any except MAX cool
    -Outside temp 59 degree F or lower (ambient temp sensor is at top of lower grill opening on driver side)
    -Engine coolant temp 167 degree F or lower
    -Generator output 70% or less

It has 4 heating elements controlled by 3 relays. One of the relays run 2 of the elements and the other 2 has their own elements to operate.

These three relays and three 40 amp fuses are located in the sub relay/fuse box under hood right infront of the battery.Go check it! It's there! You know you want to.

This explains why last winter the few times I used the heater (Florida here) I got pretty much instantanious heat.
    Outstanding !
    I have noticed how quickly I can feel warmth from the vents, and how quickly the water temp begins to climb.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Ok I got one. Not really a quirk but more of a hidden feature you probably didn't know.(I didn't).

Winter is coming for us on the northern half of the globe so you can try this one soon.

To augment heater performance the Mirage is equipped with an electric heating pad that is positioned in front of the heater core in the HVAC case. It warmes the air flowing to and through the heater core so it gives warm air quicker plus some of the heat gets passed on to the coolant circulating inside the heater core through this flow of warm air helping with engine warmup time.

Both automatic and manual A/C systems got it.

It is called PTC heater (Positive Temperature Coefficient) and it will operate under the following conditions:

-Engine running
    -Blower fan on
    -Temperature setting: any except MAX cool
    -Outside temp 59 degree F or lower (ambient temp sensor is at top of lower grill opening on driver side)
    -Engine coolant temp 167 degree F or lower
    -Generator output 70% or less

It has 4 heating elements controlled by 3 relays. One of the relays run 2 of the elements and the other 2 has their own elements to operate.

These three relays and three 40 amp fuses are located in the sub relay/fuse box under hood right infront of the battery.Go check it! It's there! You know you want to.

This explains why last winter the few times I used the heater (Florida here) I got pretty much instantanious heat.
    Outstanding !
    I feel the warmth very quickly on start-up, and the water temp begins to climb very quickly.

I wonder if this is it?
    https://www.mhi.co.jp/technology/rev...74/e474019.pdf

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didnt know about the dual articulating mirror. http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ror-blind-spot

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    The jack for the car is under the driver's seat. In order to remove it, you must unscrew the jack, collapsing it, which will allow you to remove it.
    Thank you, I bought 3rd party jack because I can't find it ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (04-30-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    IMO This thread should be stickied. There seems to be a lot of unusual or undocumented features to this car. I read the manual, and did not know some of what is being brought up here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    on mine(ES)if you press the button on the door once it opens only the driver door, twice it opens all doors

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac guy turnd Mitsu View Post
    on mine(ES)if you press the button on the door once it opens only the driver door, twice it opens all doors
    What? It didn't happen here in Europe, press the button once opens all door ... Open sesame ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mine does the same thing.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didnt know this, I always just pressed it once, and if I needed all doors open I used the rear one or the unlock button inside once the door was open. Feeling a bit silly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Must be a US/NA spec. thing, I don't like it. I want all doors unlosked when the unlock's pressed. It's the same function for the remote. Once = drivers door only, Twice = all doors & hatch.

Last edited by Minihaha; 10-31-2014 at 02:44 AM. Reason: more info
    ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)