Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    ??

But do you like the speed sensitive wipers? After all that It's still not quite clear...
    I could care less whether or not the wipers are speed sensitive. It's just not an important feature to me. If speed sensitive wipers added to the overall cost of the Mirage, my answer would be "NO".

I do apologize for my rattling on in the previous post. Must have been bored with nothing else to do!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-08-2019)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If speed sensitive wipers added to the overall cost of the Mirage, my answer would be "NO".
    I suppose that's one benefit of the computerized/software based cars of today -- You already paid for the switch, relay and wiring for the wipers, and it's all on the same bus as the speed sensors, so it doesn't cost anything more to toss in a few lines of code they probably lifted from another (more expensive) model. Same with the Welcome Home feature.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to phaux For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post
    I suppose that's one benefit of the computerized/software based cars of today -- You already paid for the switch, relay and wiring for the wipers, and it's all on the same bus as the speed sensors, so it doesn't cost anything more to toss in a few lines of code they probably lifted from another (more expensive) model. Same with the Welcome Home feature.
    My point is that none of these features influence my purchase of a car. I bought a Mirage, because I wanted a cheap, reliable economy car. When I realized that I could get these cars for under $10,000 brand new, the Mirage caught my attention. You don't learn that by reading auto critic reviews either. I personally don't feel the base level Mirage is all that basic. It's not the perfect car for everyone, but I am very happy to own one.

I do wonder why the outside temperature reading is not displayed on the dash if the Mirage has a temperature sensor mounted in the car?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I do wonder why the outside temperature reading is not displayed on the dash if the Mirage has a temperature sensor mounted in the car?
    Because it saves us money.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I didn't care for the speed sensitive wipers at first because of the slow falling, light rain that we often have in the northwest, but I am more used to them now and don't mind them as much. But they sure are noisy, and changing the blades does not seem to make much difference.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My point is that none of these features influence my purchase of a car. I bought a Mirage, because I wanted a cheap, reliable economy car. When I realized that I could get these cars for under $10,000 brand new, the Mirage caught my attention. You don't learn that by reading auto critic reviews either. I personally don't feel the base level Mirage is all that basic. It's not the perfect car for everyone, but I am very happy to own one.

I get what you're saying, that's why I got mine as well. Yeah, even the "base" models have features you wouldn't find on similar models, that's why I went with the GT trim. Sure I paid a lot more than most Mirage owners, but find me a economy car that comes with keyless start, climate control, projector headlights and an Android Auto head unit for under even $20,000 without being on some crazy discount sale... I actually don't recommend the Mirage to many people unless they are specifically looking for a car that's super cheap new, or want the best gas mileage without getting a hybrid.

Does your car actually have the outside air temp sensor? I believe it's located at the top of the lower front grill, dead center. I wonder if they turn off the feature in the dash display if you don't have the sensor for it...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Is yours not in the small box below the speedometer? That's where mine is.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post

Does your car actually have the outside air temp sensor? I believe it's located at the top of the lower front grill, dead center. I wonder if they turn off the feature in the dash display if you don't have the sensor for it...
    Yes, my 2017 Mirage ES (manual) has an outside air temperature sensor. It's located behind the left side of the front bumper. This is why I made my original statement. Why mount a temperature sensor in a car and not activate it?

As far as Mirage trim levels go, manual transmission is my first sort when looking for any car. I am not willing to compromise on that either. Thus, making a decision on what trim level to buy is quite easy for me. I value the Mirage being cheap to buy/operate & reliable more than anything. I don't think I have ever owned a vehicle that wasn't the base trim level. Some of that is driven by desire for a manual transmission, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Speck's wipers go to the next speed right around 37 - 38 miles per hour or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Same here, The factory setting is for 60kmh / 37 mph
    Hmmm... mine don't until about 62mph..
    https://youtu.be/io-ggw6paSo

I wonder if that is a change?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Hmmm... mine don't until about 62mph..
    https://youtu.be/io-ggw6paSo

I wonder if that is a change?
    Yeah that's interesting. Did you change anything in ETACS?

Maybe it's your awesome wheels haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)