Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    was this already posted?

If you kill the engine the Mirage makes a faint toot sound.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Name:  3cyl.gif.jpg
Views: 3964
Size:  10.6 KB

an unusual Mirage quirk...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePot For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePot For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    This can usually be programmed either way... has anyone asked a dealer? Should be able to change it easily.
    As some else said more recently, it is in the manual. Here are the instructions:

1. Put the operation mode in OFF.
    2. Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    3. Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    4. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 3.

One chime, all doors and the liftgate will unlock;
    Two chimes, driver’s door only.

The answerback when you lock your doors through the fob can also be set. Also straight from the manual:
    Each time the answerback function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the condition of the answerback function.

One chime: The horn will not sound.
    Two chimes: The horn will sound.
    Four chimes: The horn will sound if the LOCK button is pressed twice within 1 second.

1. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
    2. Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    3. Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    4. Release in sequence the UNLOCK and LOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the UNLOCK button in step 3.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 31.9 mpg (US) ... 13.6 km/L ... 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Laila For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (12-30-2014),CROSSBOLT (10-29-2021),Daox (12-05-2017),expertninja (03-13-2023),fatcat (12-30-2014),fc321 (06-02-2018),Lloyd Phillips (06-29-2023)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    This part can not be found in the Dutch manual, only go to the dealer. Thanks for this info @Laila,

Is there also an explanaition for a "Smart key" used with a keyless entry system?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    mitsubishicars.com has an faq that touches on the FAST key system. Here's what it has to say for explanation:

The FAST-Key allows the driver to unlock the vehicle simply by having the remote in a pocket or purse and gripping the handle, or pressing a button near the door handle on either of the front doors or pressing a button on the trunk. The FAST-Key system provides both convenience and security since the driver does not need to search for a key or remote control while carrying packages or when in a poorly lit area, for example. With the FAST-Key, instead of inserting and turning a key to start the engine, the driver simply presses the ignition knob on the steering column to release the lock, and then twists it to start the engine. On vehicles equipped with a One-touch Start System (OSS), all the driver has to do is press a button near the steering wheel to start the engine.

I will also add that with the FAST key you can leave the car, put your keys in your pocket, and lock the car by pressing the button next to the door handle. The FAST key can also be programmed to unlock all doors.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 31.9 mpg (US) ... 13.6 km/L ... 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanks @laila,

I was not clear enough. I asked it in relation to your previous post. I do have a "fast key" system and did try to do the steps you described

One chime: The horn will not sound.
    Two chimes: The horn will sound.
    Four chimes: The horn will sound if the LOCK button is pressed twice within 1 second.

4. Release in sequence the UNLOCK and LOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the UNLOCK button in step 3.
    Is there a different explanation on point 1 in the manual for a fast key system? I tryed your quoted text except for point 1 and couldn't change it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't seen anything suggesting the answerback would be different - at least not for US cars. Sorry.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can turn the engine off while driving by holding the start button for 5 seconds. I only engine off coast down the mountain grade (7%) for about 1.5 miles.

The washer fluid freezes near 0 degrees, and is not effective at anything below 15 degrees.

My fuel door had some water over spray that froze not allowing me to open the fuel door, credit card going around the gap solved this issue. Also when fuel cap is "dangling" from the retainer cord on the fuel door as shown in the owners manual, if there is rain/water ect. on the fuel door it drips onto the fuel cap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (01-08-2015)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    When you put the rear wiper in operation, it wipes twice and then intermittendly.