Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have to replace Windshield Washer Nozzle on the front hood

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Have to replace Windshield Washer Nozzle on the front hood

I lost one of the little plastic washer nozzle off my hood. A friend was cleaning the snow off and bang it went. We couldn,t find it.So i went to the mistibushi dealer here.They want 48.95 for the small nozzle and $100.00 to install it. Thought that was kind of pricy but i want it so I will pay it.My 2018 mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I lost one of the little plastic washer nozzle off my hood. A friend was cleaning the snow off and bang it went. We couldn,t find it.So i went to the mistibushi dealer here.They want 48.95 for the small nozzle and $100.00 to install it. Thought that was kind of pricy but i want it so I will pay it.My 2018 mirage.
    Maybe Fummins or someone else can vouch if universal ones like below would work?

https://www.autozone.com/searchresul...asher%20nozzle

If not, the factory ones should be super easy to install. Here's an example -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ0VznsIX4U

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-19-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Please do not pay $150. I need to replace mine too, but yeah, find one that fits the slot, press it into the hood and plug the hose into it. shouldn't but but a three and a half minute job.

I’m sure you could find a universal one that’ll work. There are ones that are held in place with a nut that might work if you can't find one that snaps in place. To save $140 I’d give it a try. Or pull the other one off and walk into an auto parts store and someone could probably find a close match for you. They’re usually pretty easy to remove as you found out already.

[video]Washer squirter removal
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-19-2024 at 01:33 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-19-2024),Mark (01-19-2024),ThunderG (01-19-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey Wolf, I replaced my left washer nozzle a few weeks ago. I bought this one off Amazon, it's the screw/bolt type like Fummins was talking about.

https://www.amazon.ca/Windshield-Mit...5680950&sr=8-1

But I lost the bolt inside the hood cavity, so I ended up carefully supergluing the nozzle on to the hood itself, and then putting the old gasket over the whole shebang from the old one. Not quite good as new, but it's fine.

At least you don't have to fiddle with getting the old nozzle off. The part that you might not like at all: you'll have to remove the insulation on the hood. Mine was practically falling off anyway. But it's a $20 fix total cost.

I would take a photo, but my car is covered in snow. I will also say that now my spray area isn't as good, like I get washer fluid squirting only 4 inches' from the bottom of my windshield. I don't know why. But it does the trick.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Mark (01-19-2024)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    You may want to take a look

Name:  51ldcqWIu4L._AC_.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  32.8 KB

https://www.amazon.com/Hypersonic-Un.../dp/B00MB7EXW6

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Wait for the snow to melt, find the nozzle & slapitbackon. Use the savings to celebrate the victory with whoever broke it off in the first place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wait for the snow to melt, find the nozzle & slapitbackon. Use the savings to celebrate the victory with whoever broke it off in the first place.
    Because of the cold and my age I was unable to replace the windshield nozzle. But the misibushi dealer did it for me for $80.00 installed. Its a shame when you don,t have a garage to work in or not healthy enough to work out in the snow and cold. But thanks to all for the info. I watched the guy do it it took about 20 minutes he had to remove the insulation cover under the hood to get at it.And I guess they charge a minimum of 1/2 hr.
    Last edited by Wolf; 01-22-2024 at 08:06 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-22-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Because of the cold and my age I was unable to replace the windshield nozzle. But the misibushi dealer did it for me for $80.00 installed. It's a shame when you don,t have a garage to work in or not healthy enough to work out in the snow and cold. But thanks to all for the info. I watched the guy do it it took about 20 minutes he had to remove the insulation cover under the hood to get at it.And I guess they charge a minimum of 1/2 hr.
    Glad your dealer took care of it for you. Sounds like they could have charged a whole lot more.

Pictures?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Yeah, $80 is not unreasonable (for a dealer). Finding a dealer that would be reasonable is very valuable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)