Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    In my opinion, "Hill Start Assist" would be most useful on a manual transmission vehicle. Yet, it's only found on the CVT Mirages. That qualifies as a Mirage "Quirk" to me.
    My '17 with manual transmission came with Hill Start Assist.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daleWV For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-23-2018),Pryme (12-27-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daleWV View Post
    How do you like the Hill Start Assist? Pretty seamless? Nice thing to have in stop-go city traffic with hills, when 95% of people in auto's are an inch from your rear bumper

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Hill Start Assist

In all honesty, I am pretty sure my 2017 Mirage ES (manual) has Hill Start Assist, too. I've been driving manuals for decades, & I really don't notice it even though my area is quite hilly. Thus, I took note of it today while doing some driving. You are totally correct! The 2017 Mirage manuals came with Hill Start Assist. Thus, I stand corrected!

It may be a "quirk" for the newer Mirage ES (manual), which would seem really odd???

Wonder if the 2014-15 manuals have "hill start assist"?

This is one of the disclaimer taken from the Mitsubishi website listing some of the features of the 2019 Mirage. Disclaimer #4 is listed below.

"#4 - Hill Start Assist Control only available when equipped with CVT."

I notice the hill start assist on my Subaru Forester more than my Mirage. The Mirage is so light, & taking off is so easy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-26-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wonder if the 2014-15 manuals have "hill start assist"?
    I own a 2014 Mirage ES base with a 5 speed manual, and I am pretty sure my Mirage does not have hill start assist. Rolls back or forth real good starting on an incline

Unless there is something I am missing lol. I know my base Mirage has traction control etc., but I heard Mitsu cheaps out on safety equipment on base models sold around the world, which is pretty terrible if that's true

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The 2018 & 2019 Mirages are both listed on https://www.mitsubishicars.com/, & the following disclaimer for "hill start assist" is listed for both model years - "Hill Start Assist Control only available when equipped with CVT."

Someone else stated in another earlier post that HSA was added to the 2017 Mirages with manuals (which would have included ES & SE models that year). HSA may have been a manual transmission feature for one year, which seems a little bit odd?

HSA is a nice feature, but it's not something a person should rely on anyways. Personally, I thought HSA was designed for manuals. Never thought someone driving an automatic/CVT would ever need something like that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The 2018 & 2019 Mirages are both listed on https://www.mitsubishicars.com/, & the following disclaimer for "hill start assist" is listed for both model years - "Hill Start Assist Control only available when equipped with CVT."
    Strange thing that I have noticed is that in spite of the disclaimer noted above, all of the 2019 Mirage ES models in my local area equipped with manual transmissions note that Hill Start Assist is included, on their downloadable window stickers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to daleWV For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Strange thing that I have noticed is that in spite of the disclaimer noted above, all of the 2019 Mirage ES models in my local area equipped with manual transmissions note that Hill Start Assist is included, on their downloadable window stickers.
    That seems to be the case. I looked up a few Mirages on cars.com, & I see the same.

FYI - White Bear Mitsubishi has brand new 2018 Mirage ES (manual) listed for $9425. My experience with this dealership is that you can get this car for that price (no hidden fees). If you qualify for extra rebates, you may even get if for less than that.

Thus, HSA may be on all new Mirages (CVT & manual)? Maybe the disclaimer is for any HSA that don't work!

If you are willing to drive a stick, these brand new cars for under $10,000 are a great value! Heck, they even come with "Hill Start Assist" for that price!

Personally, I think the 2019 Mirage ES (manual) is a going to be a great deal when discounted a year from now, because of the addition of cruise to all trim levels.

I may have to remove my initial quirk - "Stating manuals not having HSA is a quirk."
    Last edited by Mark; 12-27-2018 at 02:25 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (12-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Both of our 17s have HSA. I'd prefer it didn't though. It kinda throws you off of your normal non hsa clutch slip on a hill. It feels weird. When you put the clutch in on a hill you expect it to roll back right away. Nope.it sits there like the parking break is on lol but it only does it for a couple seconds than rolls back. Its ok

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-27-2018),poorman1 (12-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do Mirages have rain or speed sensitive wipers? It is not noted anywhere in the specs on my 2017 G4 SE or my sticker but I swear when on intermittent they speed up as you get faster. Or am I nuts?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Do Mirages have rain or speed sensitive wipers? It is not noted anywhere in the specs on my 2017 G4 SE or my sticker but I swear when on intermittent they speed up as you get faster. Or am I nuts?
    They are speed sensitive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)