Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 371 to 376 of 376

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

  1. #371
    Senior Member fc321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    502
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked 180 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    The owners manual for my '17 Mirage ES doesn't mention anything about a cabin air filter. Do I have a cabin air filter, or is there info missing from my owners manual?
    My 2015 has one. You have to drop the glovebox and then you see it right behind. You can just "drop" the glovebox by opening the glovebox and then squeezing it on the inside and the 2 plastic bolts on the inside will clear and it will drop to the floor.

    When you take it out make a mental note of how it went in so that you dont insert the replacement cabin filter backwards.

    Search youtube for "mirage cabin filter" RockAuto is def the cheapest price on these like $3 each and may as well order some engine air filters on the same order to save on shipping. And maybe some oil filters and front brake pads


    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual (no bluetooth) nickname: "Agile Grey Rat"

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)


  2. #372
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    You should have one! I don't know how to copy a thread, but a member made this video and its great. You can check if its there yourself!
    Just changed mine yesterday; took 5 minutes.

    https://youtu.be/bsI1BI_62YE
    Thank you for posting that link; I just check my cabin air filter...this is what I found:

    Name:  IMG_20191015_122458_9.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  96.0 KB

    Whoever put it in, obviously, didn't care to do it right; it was so jammed into the holder, I had to break the two little tabs off the end of the door to get it open. I hate used car dealers who can't properly prep a vehicle!

  3. #373
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,876
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 592 Times in 469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    Thank you for posting that link; I just check my cabin air filter...this is what I found:

    Name:  IMG_20191015_122458_9.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  96.0 KB

    Whoever put it in, obviously, didn't care to do it right; it was so jammed into the holder, I had to break the two little tabs off the end of the door to get it open. I hate used car dealers who can't properly prep a vehicle!
    Cabin air filter cover. The release is on the right hand side. You pull the right side out & it will slide out of the two tabs on the left side.

    Slide the left tabs back in place & snap the right size back in place when reinstalling.

    It takes me longer to put everything back in the glovebox.

  4. #374
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Cabin air filter cover. The release is on the right hand side. You pull the right side out & it will slide out of the two tabs on the left side.

    Slide the left tabs back in place & snap the right size back in place when reinstalling.

    It takes me longer to put everything back in the glovebox.
    I couldn't slide the tabs out because the filter was crumpled up against the door, preventing it from moving sideways; I had to swing the door all the way open to get the filter loose from the door, and that's when the two tabs broke off. The door is still useable as the latch on the right holds it very securely. Presently, I'm without a filter at all because none of my local parts dealers had one in stock, but I'll get one installed soon.

  5. #375
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,876
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 592 Times in 469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    I couldn't slide the tabs out because the filter was crumpled up against the door, preventing it from moving sideways; I had to swing the door all the way open to get the filter loose from the door, and that's when the two tabs broke off. The door is still useable as the latch on the right holds it very securely. Presently, I'm without a filter at all because none of my local parts dealers had one in stock, but I'll get one installed soon.
    Sometimes, I just write things for anyone to read. I found it sort of hard to see in there. It took me a bit to figure out how to open the thing the first time.

    Like others have said, rockauto.com is a good source for cabin filters. I add them to other stuff when ordering from them.

  6. #376
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    1,575
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 187 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Cabin air filter cover. The release is on the right hand side. You pull the right side out & it will slide out of the two tabs on the left side.

    Slide the left tabs back in place & snap the right size back in place when reinstalling.

    It takes me longer to put everything back in the glovebox.
    That sucks, but just know even crumbled up like that, its still doing its job mostly. I wouldnt sweat it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •