Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Did you know that in the key fob tray there is a covered hole where you can run through wires for a usb or any other wires?

see pic below left side part, you have to remove the cover to open the hole.

Attachment 21788
    Are those heated seats switches?!? In Manilla?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Are those heated seats switches?!? In Manilla?
    hahaha nope!

i just installed switches for my android headunit and headrests.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-11-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    headrests.
    what gadget is in your headrest?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    what gadget is in your headrest?
    headrest with monitor, i replaced my old headrest. i put a master switch bec. at times they forget to turn off the headrest at the back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    i put a master switch bec. at times they forget to turn off the headrest at the back.
    Clever!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (07-15-2022)

Country
    Panama
    Thanks

Grinding sound at startup.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDE5Spd View Post
    The once in a while starter grinding sound.....ugh, someday it'll not start and I'll have to wait for a tow truck....
    Same thing for me. It has happened to me for years since I first bought my car in 2014. The horrible grinding sound at startup only happens like average every 10 start-up attempts. I immediately stop and then restart and it will start up right away.

Makes me wonder if there may be something wrong with the starter motor, like, maybe one of the teeth in the gears is missing or worn out?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Going through an automatic car wash with strong blow dryers can scare a person in a Mirage.
    Speaking of which. I've noticed that automatic car washes seem confused when cleaning the Mirage. They miss a lot of spots and one time even scratched mine because it seemed not to anticipate such as small car. I'd hate to take a Smart car through one of those automatic car washes!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Going through an automatic car wash with strong blow dryers can scare a person in a Mirage.
    Hehehehehehe! That is hilarious! Because it is SOOOOO TRUE!

That roof oil cans like a MF'er, and is loud as hell. Scared me the first 2 or 3 times!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Hehehehehehe! That is hilarious! Because it is SOOOOO TRUE!

That roof oil cans like a MF'er, and is loud as hell. Scared me the first 2 or 3 times!
    Same here. The kids and I were scared and crying waiting for the roof to cave in lol

Also if you have a 2014 with the fiberglass antennae then either fold it down and take your chances, remove it, or don't go through an automatic car wash. I got away lucky a few times in my white car until I didn't. Antennae was torn off and dangling by a strand of wire across the windshield lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by fanfare View Post
    Same thing for me. It has happened to me for years since I first bought my car in 2014. The horrible grinding sound at startup only happens like average every 10 start-up attempts. I immediately stop and then restart and it will start up right away.

Makes me wonder if there may be something wrong with the starter motor, like, maybe one of the teeth in the gears is missing or worn out?
    It's a known problem with some early Mirages. Several members have experienced it. Some got a warranty repair, others had it happen out of warranty (or bought a used car that had the problem).

Thread: TSB: Engine Starter (improper meshing / grinding)

Thread: 2014 starter / flywheel / ring gear issues (Update: repaired under warranty)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)