Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Does anyone here with a 2015 or even newer mirage using a keyfob tried or knew this? saw it from 2015 manual.

Name:  Panic.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  21.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (04-29-2023),inuvik (04-29-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Does anyone here with a 2015 or even newer mirage using a keyfob tried or knew this? saw it from 2015 manual.

Name:  Panic.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  21.3 KB
    I've accidentally activated it in my pocket a time or two. Other than that no.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Guatemala
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi, I have a question, I recently bought a 2020 mirage ES, does it have the auto lock doors when I start the engine? Do you know how to enable it?

Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rquanleon View Post
    ...does it have the auto lock doors when I start the engine? Do you know how to enable it?
    There may be a feature you can enable that will automatically lock the doors when the car reaches a certain speed. Check THIS thread for more info.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Guatemala
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    There may be a feature you can enable that will automatically lock the doors when the car reaches a certain speed. Check THIS thread for more info.
    thanks! So there is no auto lock feature from factory

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    This is something I would turn of, if it could be turned on in ETACs, or whatever that's called.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

My locks do automatically lock. I don't remember if it's at a certain speed or when shifted to drive? They all unlock when I shift to park. I also don't remember if I enabled that feature or if it was like that when I bought the car....
    I'll play around with the scan tool again one of these days. I had to get it updated to scan a pretty new superfancy super un-healthy British suv the other day. There might be some new features??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The racecar 5MTs don't auto lock. At least not from the factory. My 2000 model blue truck 6MT auto locks, just sayin' ... for a friend.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

My 05 does too, stupid autolocks but it doesn't unlock. Not a big deal most of the time. But when I go camping or other places where I just leave the keys in the ignition and go to grab something from the passenger side it's always locked unless you hit the unlock button when you park... First world problems. I might be able to mess with those settings?
    I'd actually prefer the doors to not unlock in my car automagically. When I get to work at 6am it's now dark. and wait for someone to let me in the building, I now wait for some meth head to come out of the bushes and hop in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess I can understand that. I think maybe Dinton has it even worster. It's about as safe as the safest places in the U.S. where I live. I thank God for giving me that opportunity. However, when I find myself stopped at a traffic light, I don't like the idea that just anyone could walk up to my Blueberry and open the door, especially if I'm not paying attention and am focused on other things. If they yanked on the door handle and it didn't open, I'd have time to grab up my hand cannon and point it at their testicles.

When I notice my doors unlocked, I lock them. If I'm not mistaken, at least the front 2 doors will unlock & open, from locked, with the pull of the door handle. So, I wouldn't need them to automagically unlock. Just lock. My blue truck, produced in the year 1999, automagically locks at ~15 mph, and it's a 6MT. I bring up the fact that it's so old and a manual because a) older cars tend to not have some features, and I can't really understand why but b) manufactures seem to skimp out on a lot of good features on manual transmission cars. And the blue truck has the pull to unlock door handles too. It has always worked wonderfully for me. Damn good blue truck.

I had a 2006 Honda Oddity, and it would only magically unlock the door upon shifting to P, and did not have the pull to unlock door handles. The wife was always trying to be Daisy Duke and open the door before I could skid to a complete stop and slam it into Park. She would always cuss that van for the doors not opening. I always told her to cool her jets, but she never did.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-15-2023),inuvik (09-15-2023)