Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    The owners manual for my '17 Mirage ES doesn't mention anything about a cabin air filter. Do I have a cabin air filter, or is there info missing from my owners manual?
    My 2015 has one. You have to drop the glovebox and then you see it right behind. You can just "drop" the glovebox by opening the glovebox and then squeezing it on the inside and the 2 plastic bolts on the inside will clear and it will drop to the floor.

When you take it out make a mental note of how it went in so that you dont insert the replacement cabin filter backwards.

Search youtube for "mirage cabin filter" RockAuto is def the cheapest price on these like $3 each and may as well order some engine air filters on the same order to save on shipping. And maybe some oil filters and front brake pads

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    You should have one! I don't know how to copy a thread, but a member made this video and its great. You can check if its there yourself!
    Just changed mine yesterday; took 5 minutes.

https://youtu.be/bsI1BI_62YE
    Thank you for posting that link; I just check my cabin air filter...this is what I found:

Name:  IMG_20191015_122458_9.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  96.0 KB

Whoever put it in, obviously, didn't care to do it right; it was so jammed into the holder, I had to break the two little tabs off the end of the door to get it open. I hate used car dealers who can't properly prep a vehicle!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stecoop For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Thank you for posting that link; I just check my cabin air filter...this is what I found:

Name:  IMG_20191015_122458_9.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  96.0 KB

Whoever put it in, obviously, didn't care to do it right; it was so jammed into the holder, I had to break the two little tabs off the end of the door to get it open. I hate used car dealers who can't properly prep a vehicle!
    Cabin air filter cover. The release is on the right hand side. You pull the right side out & it will slide out of the two tabs on the left side.

Slide the left tabs back in place & snap the right size back in place when reinstalling.

It takes me longer to put everything back in the glovebox.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Cabin air filter cover. The release is on the right hand side. You pull the right side out & it will slide out of the two tabs on the left side.

Slide the left tabs back in place & snap the right size back in place when reinstalling.

I couldn't slide the tabs out because the filter was crumpled up against the door, preventing it from moving sideways; I had to swing the door all the way open to get the filter loose from the door, and that's when the two tabs broke off. The door is still useable as the latch on the right holds it very securely. Presently, I'm without a filter at all because none of my local parts dealers had one in stock, but I'll get one installed soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I couldn't slide the tabs out because the filter was crumpled up against the door, preventing it from moving sideways; I had to swing the door all the way open to get the filter loose from the door, and that's when the two tabs broke off. The door is still useable as the latch on the right holds it very securely. Presently, I'm without a filter at all because none of my local parts dealers had one in stock, but I'll get one installed soon.
    Sometimes, I just write things for anyone to read. I found it sort of hard to see in there. It took me a bit to figure out how to open the thing the first time.

Like others have said, rockauto.com is a good source for cabin filters. I add them to other stuff when ordering from them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

That sucks, but just know even crumbled up like that, its still doing its job mostly. I wouldnt sweat it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That sucks, but just know even crumbled up like that, its still doing its job mostly. I wouldnt sweat it.
    It's a cabin air filter, I'm sorry, but none of my vehicles even came with one. 18 Mirage, none. 18 Micra, none. 15 Wrangler, nothin.

If you feel comfortable breathing air outside, or driving with your window down in the summer, then you don't "need" a CAF.

I like mine for using recirc on dusty roads, otherwise I would have no idea it was there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    It's a cabin air filter, I'm sorry, but none of my vehicles even came with one. 18 Mirage, none. 18 Micra, none. 15 Wrangler, nothin.

If you feel comfortable breathing air outside, or driving with your window down in the summer, then you don't "need" a CAF.

I like mine for using recirc on dusty roads, otherwise I would have no idea it was there.
    If you have one, however, you don't want to neglect it. If it is clogged, it will reduce the air flow for clearing your windshield.

I also question how important they are. Most of us grew up in vehicles that never had them.

All our 15,17 and 19's at work came with them. I haven't checked my 14' but I assume it came with one? I wouldn't lose sleep tossing mine in the trash and running without one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's really only on vehicles without Air Conditioning, where the cost savings come into play. For our 2015 Wrangler, base models without a hard top and without AC came without a filter equipped, and of course, you can add one.

On our 2018 Mirage, base models without Air Conditioning came without one, can still add one.

On our 2018 Micra,we have the mid tier model with AC, maybe they just forgot ours? But again it's not listed on the options sheet, so perhaps all of the CDM Micras just got the stepchild treatment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)