Thread: Turbo junkie buys Mirage?

TripleDiamondPerformance Nick@TDP's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Turbo junkie buys Mirage?

I purchased my '14 Mirage ES 1.2L 5-speed a little over 3 months ago. So far it's been a great little car. It has just over 2,000 miles on it and averages 40mpg.

I'm a longtime Mitsubishi fan and have owned 23 3000GTs/Dodge Stealths. I traded in my beater non-turbo 3000GT when I bought my Mirage. I currently own 2 twin turbo 3000GTs and 1 twin turbo Stealth. I'm probably one of the few people that didn't buy a Mirage because of its great MPG numbers. I bought the car because I wanted a new Mitsubishi to play with. I was intrigued by the new 3-cyl engine and the very lightweight chassis.

After a few months of ownership, I must say its a great little car and as much as I like it, there are a couple areas I will be improving in the next few months. The car needs more power and a stiffer suspension setup. Power is easy, the car will be getting a very simple turbo setup and will run 7 psi of boost, which I feel will be plenty for this little engine while maintaining great fuel economy. The suspension will require much more effort, research, and testing to see what works best for this chassis.

I look forward to helping grow with this new community and advancing this platform. I'm an master auto technician, specializing in engine repair/performance and drivability/electrical diagnostics. I'll help out whenever I can.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick@TDP For This Useful Post:

DirectNova (09-09-2014),MetroMPG (09-09-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome, i can't wait to see your future modding posts... For the suspension... I have been seeing the the evo 4 is similar.

Do keep us posted

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 44.3 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome, excited to see what you do!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Sounds like a fun project you have there. I look forward to see what you'll do with it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

This sounds very interesting... welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! !!!! Nick! Please send us pictures. And you can Help the rest of the USA to Buy a Mirage and help save gas and Mitsubishi

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)