Thread: Cabin air filter

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cabin air filter

Found a web site at www.rockauto.com that states it has cabin air filters for the 2014 Mirage. It lists part number as WP10125. Filter costs $16.77 plus shipping. One thing that bothers me is that it lists filter for a 1.3L vehicle. Any thoughts on this matter?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I definitely want to avoid the dealership for things like cabin air filters, oil filters, etc. If you go to Wix's main website:

http://www.wixfilters.com/

And go to filter lookup, the same part # you found in RockAuto pops up there as well, so I think it's legit. I just think RockAuto has so much stuff, they made a mistake listing the displacement of the car.

Keep us appraised of the situation to confirm that it does indeed fit!

-Charlie-

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-11-2014)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Same part number (WP10125) shows up in a search of that number at www.oreillyauto.com. Filter retails for $24.00 plus tax. Unfortunately, out of stock here in San Antonio, TX.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait, are you guys telling me the 2014 Mirage has a cabin air filter!? I was under the impression I doesn't have one. I've yet to see anything in the owners manual that shows where it is and how to change it.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Wait, are you guys telling me the 2014 Mirage has a cabin air filter!? I was under the impression I doesn't have one. I've yet to see anything in the owners manual that shows where it is and how to change it.
    Cabin air filter is quite standard for Mitsubishi cars. It's located slightly behind the glove box compartment (I read it somewhere, as I always let the dealer change mine, never did it myself).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Mine came with cabin filter
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ordered two WIX WP10125 cabin filters for my 2014 mirage. It was exactly the same dimensions as the OEM one. Compared the OEM one with the WIX and found that the weave on the WIX was much tighter. You could see holes in the OEM filter that you could drive a truck through. I found that since the filter fabric was a fused polyethylene material, you could easily wash it and reuse it, thus saving yourself 13-18 bucks. Replacement was easy following the instructions on another thread on this forum.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Mine has a cabin air filter too, but a very curious thing. Now to explain, this car is a European "stripped naked" 1.0l model, and it does not list a cabin air filter in the specs. Probably this thing is just a place-holder instead of a real filter.

I say that because when you look at it, it looks more like a mosquito net than an air filter. You can look straight through it easily. It might be good against bits of leaves, etc, but not for filtering dust out of the air. I suppose it could be easily replaced by a normal sort of stock filter, but I'll leave it be.
    Foama

Last edited by foama; 02-23-2015 at 06:25 AM.