Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I trade my 2013 CR-Z for a Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lightbulb Should I trade my 2013 CR-Z for a Mirage?

I really have the bug for a Mirage....cant explain it. Should I trade my base model CVT CR-Z in???
    Please help!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Depends on What are you looking for in a mirage
    Is it more doors and seating, slightly better fuel economy, a cheaper pricepoint, a better warranty... Then yes

The mirage is slower with its 74 hp vs the 130 hp in the cr-z, no paddle shift option, styling is a little less extra $900 if you want a rearview camera....

But the mirage is a great car, in it own right. I bought the ES version for the extra features

Good luck!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 44.3 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwi For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (09-10-2014)

If I remember right, you wouldn't be the first forum member that went from CR-Z to Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know if this helps, but I went from a well equipped 2013 Elantra GT that I really liked to a 2015 Mirage. I haven't looked back. The Mirage reminds me of the fun I had driving my first car ('69 beetle), only with A/C, and a bunch of gadgets. Plus, I'd have to really work at it to get a ticket.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaGoGo For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Economically the trading the CR-Z to the Mirage is not reasonable. How much did you spent on your CR-Z?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Economically the trading the CR-Z to the Mirage is not reasonable. How much did you spent on your CR-Z?
    I would agree with this.

You will probably not sell it and make any profit. If you trade it in, your payments on the mirage may or may not lower.

The CR-Z looks good dressed and may feel sporty if 6spd. But since you have the CVT, not sure how sporty it feels.

I agree with asking what you're looking for. The mirage is an obvious champ if you're looking to haul more people.
    If you're just wanting to lower payments, make sure you do your math.
    Fuel economy, can't quite beat the miage, but not sure what the Z's numbers are.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A lot of people get car based on thir credit. The sales man puts you in with something you have to except. But if you have the Mirage Fever I say YES. And enjoy having fun driving. And Love the car your buying. Be Smart and Buy a Mirage ES
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    If you really like the Mirage you should be able to walk away with a new one and still have some money in your hand after selling the CRZ. Makes sense to me.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's what I did. Including the extended warranty (10yr bumper-bumper) I walked with a new car with almost $2000 in my hand from the old one. Works great if you have positive equity in your vehicle. If you're upside down on your existing vehicle I wouldn't recommend buying something else.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaGoGo For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So many good questions...and thanks for all the good input. I feel the love!
    I own the 2013 CR-Z outright/no debt and I have the title...I paid a little less than 18k for it, there was a 2k discount to move the 2013's.
    I use it primarily for work and I get reimbursed .45 per mile for all my work miles so that really helps defray the depreciation since I get cash back in every paycheck for the miles. I figured it out today, for every gallon of fuel I spend on work driving, I get back 15$ after paying the gallon of gas at $3.45....and since it only has about 7k miles I havent had to buy tires yet so my only real expense has been gas and insurance...So even if I dont get what I paid (which I am sure I wont) considering the reimbursement, Im not that far in the hole.
    I am averaging 41+mpg at last fill up....which really isnt too shabby at all considering the car is somewhat quick and sporty even with the CVT. I just have a bug for a Mirage ... cant explain it. I only wish for 2 things: the 4 door to come to N.America, and to be able to get the 5 speed with a Nav...so far every Mirage Ive seen with manual transmission doesnt have the Nav.
    Any more input from you all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

Last edited by IwantaMirage; 09-11-2014 at 12:09 AM.