Thread: DIY Intake

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

DIY Intake

Here we go. I accept no responsibility for anything that happens from following my instructions because.....we're all stupid for hacking up perfectly new cars.

This is what you'll need:
    - a list of acronyms/definitions:
    ID = inner diameter, OD = outer diameter, * = degrees, " = inches, = = equals
    - strong constitution and morale checks (you will be defiling a factory new car and parts)
    - 2" 90* piping
    - 2" silicon hose couplers (2 straight, 1 90*)
    - 7 2"+ hose clamps
    - cone or mushroom air filter with 2" ID (or 2.5" ID like I did)
    - some 1/16" thick rubber sheet 1" wide x 16" long (can use more if needed; will be cut down)
    - 10mm sockets with ratchet and extension
    - maybe and 8mm socket
    - socket driver would really help
    - hack saw or other metal cutting device that won't flex and mess up your cut
    - a sharp blade
    - scissors
    - a file or sand paper
    *If you use a 2.5" ID filter, get some 1/4" rubber to fit between the piping and the filter

WARNING: THIS WRITE-UP WILL BE FAIRLY INCOMPLETE BECAUSE I ONLY HAD THE IDEA FOR THE WRITE-UP HALFWAY THROUGH, BUT IT WILL BE EASY TO FIGURE IT OUT

So first you have to remove the stock air box. Undo the 2 10mm bolts at the front of the box and one behind the air box in the back, right corner. To find it, follow the vacuum hose from the stock intake plenum (ribbed rubber hose attached to the air box) back to the motor. One bolt is near the filler cap and the other above the cylinder #2 (middle) intake-runner-pipe-thingy.
    Hereafter the bolts are undone, loosen the clamp at the throttle body, and loosen the vacuum hose from the rubber intake plenum. Remove and act like a rampant monkey after indulging on Twinkies.

Name:  2014-08-29 13.18.13 Edit.jpg
Views: 16095
Size:  80.2 KB
    Last edited by Rival Autosport; 09-13-2014 at 09:16 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-15-2014)