Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combined sat-nav and audio system in the Mirage / Space Star

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Combined sat-nav and audio system in the Mirage / Space Star

I'm trying to find out some details about the combined touch screen sat-nav and music centre in the Mirage/Space Star. The WVGA MMCS, to use a few rather ugly acronyms.

When I test-drove the car a few weeks ago I was impressed. Great looking crisp sat-nav maps and good sound quality of the radio. Are there members of this forum who have the system in their car? Could you please tell me something more about it? I wonder where the DVD with the maps is coming from and how easy it is to get 'inside' the centre by tilting the screen. Is the manual up to scratch?

I tried to use Google for some answers, but couldn't find anything. Mitsubishi Motors, Mitsubishi Electric, Mitsubishi Automotive, all blanks. The Mirage/Space Star brochure isn't very helpful either. Is this a well-guarded Mitsu secret?

Last edited by talldino; 03-10-2013 at 10:21 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    The audio/navigation unit differs for each country that that car is offered. Seems like Mitsubishi allows the distributors in each country to tweak a few specs to the market, including the radio.

The common denominator audio system appears to be the in-dash integrated unit that comes with the Australian cars. My car owner's manual describes such a unit, though it's supplied with a Chinese-made integrated audio/video/navigation unit which comes with its own manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanks Alpha One. The car I tested three weeks ago had the sat-nav/audio system on the picture I included above in this thread. After some careful consideration I decided to order it, so I'll learn more about it when my car arrives after its long journey from Thailand. I have to learn to be more patient...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    The Japanese Mirage-site doesn't show a navigation/music centre at all, there is just a 'black hole' in the dash.

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    Hi!
    The sat-nav/audio system in Thailand is a Clarion NX509 including navigation and bluetooth handsfree, its easy to use and really nice.
    but the rear camera you must add your self ( and I'm happy for that).
    OK 2 tweeter I must add to, if I want the top sound (and a SUB under the seat maybe ;-) )

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...409026674.html
    Last edited by hellstens; 03-18-2013 at 02:36 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS ltd 1.2 automatic: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    In the meantime I discovered some additional information. The top-spec European Space Star has Mitsubishi's E-11 Multi Entertainment System on board. And it hides a surprise! Not only will it provide music and navigation, but I suspect it is connected to the car's OBD-2. Because the screen will inform you about the distance you have driven, fuel consumption, CO2 emission etc. No need to buy a ScanGauge.

The greenish screen looks interesting. I'll give you a translation Dutch-English:

Afstand landelijk = Distance countryside
    Afstand stedelijk = Distance city
    Totale afstand = Total distance

Brandstof landelijk = Fuel countryside
    Brandstof stedelijk = Fuel city
    Brandstofverbruik = Fuel consumption

Are there members of this forum who already drive a European Space Star with the E-11 MMES on board?

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    does it also provide a instant fuel use meter?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In the US, tha Nav version is u11, as shown on the front of the unit.

The Mitsubishi part # is 8750A303.

Not much info on the web on this unit.

Country
    Wales
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have had a new Mirage three delivered with the Sat Nav above it looks brilliant and pleased with the service I have had . I have just used it and found that the speed limits shown in some cases are a few years out of date and smaller roads not shown; a restaurant I use is shown but not the roads that lead to it ....The service where I bought the car is exceptional so I intend to go and find if the Sat Nav can be updated .I would be disappointed if it cant be ...

Greetings, Colin - and welcome to the forum. (First Welsh member that I know of.)

I don't think we even get the Nav option in the Canadian Mirage, but I'd be curious to know what you find out about having yours updated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)