Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio and Android phone (how to use USB connection, not AUX or BLuetooth?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Audio and Android phone (how to use USB connection, not AUX or BLuetooth?)

Which android phone is supported by car's audio system (Iphone works but it is too expensive for me) . My goal is to play mp3's from my phone via usb. I tried Google Nexus 4, Galaxy S5 and each time I got message "not supported device".
    I like to listen to podcasts. My goal is to setup a phone to download podcast automatically and play thru the car's system. I want to control the files using car's audio system. Currently I do that thru the aux cable, but it is a pain because I need to take my eyes from road , when I change the mp3. I need to concentrate on the phone's menu ( looks like Im texting = ticket) to change or skip the file.

At this same time I could use the device as MPG gauge (with Bluetooth dongle).

Tom

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage de 1.2 automatic: 52.8 mpg (US) ... 22.4 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 63.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bluetooth is the way to go if you have it. My galaxy s3 works fine on mine.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    ^^^^same here^^^^
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's surprising that a Galaxy S5 didn't work, since it has a very advanced Bluetooth version.

I've had no problems pairing my HTC One (M7) that has Bluetooth 4.0.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess I did not explain the issue. I do not want to connect via bluetooth, but via USB. Try to play music via USB - nice and clear, via aux cable good but volume is slightly lower and no control via car's stereo. Music via Bluetooth sounds bad to my ears (I do not know if I can control files).

Tom

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage de 1.2 automatic: 52.8 mpg (US) ... 22.4 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 63.4 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a Samsung flip phone that has a slot on it where I can put in a micro Sd card. So, I downloaded all of my music on to the card and can play the music via bluetooth. I can track forward and backwards. I do not have music in different files when I put it on to the card so I don't know if you can do anything else than that.

I will say this. Back in the late 90's, I used to travel around with some friends of mine that competed in professional class at USAC competitions. My job was to listen to the sound and help them tune the stereo system for sound quality competition. My Mirage also has upgraded Infinity Reference speakers up front along with an 8" sub under the passenger seat. I can tell a BIG difference in sound quality between the auxillary input and the USB input. I can not tell ANY difference between the USB input and the Bluetooth audio.

I personally prefer Bluetooth because I do not have to open my glove box every time I get in the car.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Auxiliary is that better?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectNova View Post
    Auxiliary is that better?

Yeah I made it clear as mud didn't I?

The USB and the Bluetooth are better sound quality than the aux input. I can not tell any sound quality difference, even with upgraded speakers, between the USB and the Bluetooth inputs.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    Yeah I made it clear as mud didn't I?

The USB and the Bluetooth are better sound quality than the aux input. I can not tell any sound quality difference, even with upgraded speakers, between the USB and the Bluetooth inputs.
    oh, thanks, haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No.. I can't use the usb interface with my galaxy s3 either.
    It seems the "iclones" got to Mitsubishi so the system is only compatible with " i " crap.
    The system will work with memory sticks n such if they are formatted correctly as well.

Last edited by IchabodCrane; 10-12-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)