Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US: Mirage reviews from multiple bloggers

Last edited by MetroMPG; 10-19-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added more links

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting reads! I still laugh at the differing opinions, one says it has a ton of power, while one says they won't take it on the highway lol. In general these are more positive reviews compared to the enthusiast websites.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by empg View Post
    Interesting reads! I still laugh at the differing opinions, one says it has a ton of power, while one says they won't take it on the highway lol. In general these are more positive reviews compared to the enthusiast websites.
    I really have to laugh at some of these reviews. Things like
    "never seen 14 inch wheels on a roadworthy car" (remember the 70's 80's or 90's? Still plenty of cars around with 13 and 14 inch wheels)
    never considering the car becasue "Im too grown up" and acceleration is throttled (huh? Im sure a lot of the owners of mirages are quite a bit older than this chick...)

push button start on the left side being a deal breaker (wow, I wish problems like this were the biggest issues in my life)

and the complaint about not feeling safe from a texan used to driving SUV's and thinking the car cant keep up with 75mph traffic - I guess I get that, but again, doesnt anyone remember what driving a car built in the 90's or earlier is like? Am I really getting that old?

I get it, a car like this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it really makes me roll my eyes at how spoiled we as Americans have become. Some of these people really need to get out of their bubbles and visit other parts of the world.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to db1980 For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (10-12-2014),BostonJellyBean (01-10-2017),Daox (10-15-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by db1980 View Post
    I get it, a car like this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it really makes me roll my eyes at how spoiled we as Americans have become. Some of these people really need to get out of their bubbles and visit other parts of the world.
    Yeap, go visit Europe, especially the Netherlands. You will see these cars and much more mini models around. Even the "Mochi ball" Toyota IQ. Americans are indeed spoiled, and the whole not environmental friendly SUV's and trucks ... I just don't get the need for them in the city ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    These reviews can be pretty funny. Another review I read berated Mitsubishi for providing steering wheel control buttons, but no vanity mirror on the passenger sun visor. Another deal breaker! I had a diesel smart car for over 6 years so I'm used to reviews that are totally negative. BTW I averaged 3.9 l/100 km (60 US mpg) over the time I had the smart car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

They are funny.

I particularly liked the comment in one of these reviews along the lines of "I wouldn't buy this car because the engine Start/Stop button is on the wrong side of the steering wheel."

Seriously?! THAT'S a deal-breaker??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    They are funny.

I particularly liked the comment in one of these reviews along the lines of "I wouldn't buy this car because the engine Start/Stop button is on the wrong side of the steering wheel."

I think it's logically placed. Where it is, it's more difficult to bump it "off" while driving, or to confuse it with another button in the center dash.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They are funny.

Just when you think you've heard it all.....

a nasty one

Added another blog review. This one is particularly nasty and full of errors & omissions:

Joyride: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Digital Trends)

The Mitsubishi Mirage may be cheap, but sadly it isn’t cheap enough to outrun its numerous flaws, or to live up to the competition. [...] The Mirage was not designed for this market, and simply can’t compete.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Added another blog review. This one is particularly nasty and full of errors & omissions:

Joyride: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Digital Trends)

This guy is complaining about safety.. But the 2014 Mirage scored the highest possible rating in every test BUT the one that he highlighted. What a sorry way to present the article.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/veh...subishi/mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)