Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner needs advice on wiper blades

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    It should, car came from one factory for the whole world right? Just like iPhones

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    It should, car came from one factory for the whole world right? Just like iPhones
    One factory, different config
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    One factory, different config
    True, but nothing's more basic than wiper blades. Why the hell they would want to fit different sizes for something that basic? It will only means higher production cost since they will either have to run 2 different assembly line or readjust the machines.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The North American cars have the angled passenger side arm, which probably means different sizes.

My recommendation... Rain-x Not wiper blades, but it is closely related. It not only helps with rain/splashback, but it also seems to keep ice from sticking. I usually dont like to reccomend things unless there is a tangible benefit, but I got hooked on it years ago and am not turning back.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    True, but nothing's more basic than wiper blades. Why the hell they would want to fit different sizes for something that basic? It will only means higher production cost since they will either have to run 2 different assembly line or readjust the machines.
    There are cars that have different size of wipers for each region. Don't know why, and don't know how. They seems do that on purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by db1980 View Post
    The North American cars have the angled passenger side arm, which probably means different sizes.

My recommendation... Rain-x Not wiper blades, but it is closely related. It not only helps with rain/splashback, but it also seems to keep ice from sticking. I usually dont like to reccomend things unless there is a tangible benefit, but I got hooked on it years ago and am not turning back.
    What size does the NA spec wiper?
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lucien007 View Post
    Thanks guys! Now looking in the manual I can't find the size but it looks as if the passenger side is a 16 and river side 24. Am I right?
    The part numbers on the Mitsubishi website cross reference to 16 and 24 inch blades. Link is:
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...p-wiper-blades

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    db, Was looking to replace with Rain-X brand. Have always outfitted my cars with them. Just had to make sure of the sizes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    What did you end up going with? Are you happy with the choice?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Blades

Look on eBay for "1Pair 24" 6mm Silicone Frameless Wiper Blade Refill For Car Windshield Practical"

These are universal and can be cut down to 24 and 16 (For USA model Mirage)

88 cents shipped from China (For the pair)

Silicone lasts 5 times as long as traditional rubber blades from the AutoZone.

And remember when your current rubber blades (stock blades) begin streaking use fine grit sandpaper to rub them down. I was able to bring the stock blades back to life. Probably can do this 3 or 4 times and get an extra 6 months life out of your blades.

I sold my old Ford 3 years old with 38k miles and still was on the stock windshield blades and had sandpapered them 2 times in the life of the car.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lucien007 View Post
    Hey everyone! May sound like stupid question but looking for better blades then the OEM already there.

Any suggestions? Preparing for NYC snow coming up.

Thanks.
    This is an old thread, but I had to look up the wiper blade sizes for my Mirage the other day. My Bosch replacement blades are finally wearing out, almost 5 years of wear. 24" driver side, smaller 16" passenger's wiper blade.

Not sure why but I don't feel your question ever got answered. I found the information easy the Rain-X Blade Size Finder search engine, easily found via google.

If you still have your Mirage I highly recommend going Bosch 24" + 16" worth the extra costs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-15-2019)