Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heated seats wiring help needed!!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

heated seats wiring help needed!!

Here is a picture of the underside of my 2017 ES driver's seat.Name:  PHOTO_20191119_114637[1].jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  96.6 KB

It might be the passenger seat underside, I'm not sure. Does it have the wiring I need to swap in 2014 heated seats?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like passenger seat and from what I can tell no it does not. There would be a white connector under each seat that's not plugged into anything.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's what I was afraid of. Does the wiring for the seat heat run from the fuse panel? Are relays required as well?

Would it be a major or minor effort to run the missing wiring?

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    From the research I did before the wiring isn't there for the switch either. There is a fuse and a spot for a relay in the fuse box but you'd have to basically take apart a car at the junkyard and pull all the wiring out and add it in.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Is this not a white unused plug er no? Attachment 16055
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well, there goes that idea. I won't be surprised to find the wiring in the steering wheel for cruise control missing, also the wiring in the mirrors and doors for mirror heat is probably absent. WHY Mitsubishi leaves the empty harnesses in some cars and removes them from other same model year cars is a mystery to me.

It does however mean that in the future if I can't find the trim level I like in a Mirage at a price I think is reasonable then I'll simply opt to spend a little more and switch brands. Up here, Mits dealers seem to think almost $21k is a reasonable starting point for a 2018! Mirage GT. That, and the fact that AC here is optional for $4K !!! (that better change with the 2020s or I am never going to buy another new Mirage in Canada) means I'll be taking a serious look at the other brands when it's time for a car for my kid for commuting to and from uni.

I'm not prepared to be crawling all over and under a future new Mirage for me to determine if it can be upgraded.

If you have the bluetooth buttons on the wheel already I'm sure you'll have the cruise wiring in the wheel atleast. Is your 17' and es or es plus? I thought only the plus came with ac?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    At this point, with the huge mistake of my 2014 being sold and titled as an SE I have my doubts my 2017 is even a Mirage. Could be a Sapporo, maybe a Colt, perhaps even an Arrow.....

i'm being sarcastic there, of course, but seriously, my 2017 ownership says ES. I have AC and bluetooth, which only came with the $4k option package turning the car (and title) into an ES Plus.

NOTE: I downloaded the Canadian fleet guide brochures for 2016 & 17 and both specify the ES Plus has BT and hands free on the wheel. I couldn't find a fleet guide for 2015, but I'm pretty sure for 2015 the Plus Package didn't exist. You bought a base model, 5MT or CVT then added AC for $1100 and BT was about ~$400 IIRC.

I can't find a 2015 Canadian brochure ATM. The US specs the ES having BT, and optional for the DE. I'm beginning to think Canada never had a DE model in 2015, what we had was a modified DE called an ES, where eveything was an option, and that the same situation existed in 2014 in Canada. I'm bored today and don't feel like doing physical work so I'll keep looking around for more Canadian spec sheets.

I'm positive all our cars are es plus models. They're all 15, 17' and 19's. The 15 and 17's are optioned exactly the same. Bluetooth(on the wheel), front and rear power windows,ac,keyless entry. No heated seats,cruise,nav,back up camera.

I don't know about the es? I don't think they had cruise or bluetooth. I hate how mfg change options around so much...

We got kinda screwed with the new kia. Bought a 2020 assuming it was configured the same as a 2019 but nope they removed one option for 20' and to get it you had to go up a trim level or 2. It sucks but I did zero research and didn't care whatsoever about getting a new vehicle other than yay, I don't have to constantly fix something for at least 5 years lol.
    Mirage videos:

2014 Brochure
    https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/b...014-mirage.pdf
    So in 2014 you don't have a top spec car unless you have an SE with the convenience package added to it?
    It looks like you are correct about the DE. I don't think a DE was ever available in Canada period according to the brochures?
    2015 Brochure
    https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/b...015-mirage.pdf

https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/b...019-mirage.pdf

Couldn't find one for 17 or 18 yet

Last edited by Fummins; 11-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    Mirage videos: