View Poll Results: Would you prefer the Mirage had less body roll?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 80.22%
  • No, it's fine

18 19.78%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VOTE: Would you prefer the stock Mirage had less body roll?

I wouldn't pass on the Mirage for that reason alone because there are inexpensive aftermarket solutions: springs, or (even easier) rear stabilizer bar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I voted no initially, then changed it. I don't think it NEEDS it. But it would definitely be nice. If I got a Mirage, I'd probably add a rear sway bar to the car just to make it a little more enjoyable to drive. I don't feel the need for stiffer springs. Wisconsin roads are pretty bad.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Doesn't the Firefly/Metro have independent rear suspension? That's going to be a bit more necessary to have a rear swaybar to avoid extreme body roll.

If you were to disconnect the rear swaybar on the firefly, it would have a lot more body roll than the twist-beam equipped mirage with no rear swaybar.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    My mirage didn't came with front stabilizer bar. And with those 14 inch wheels + slippery tires would be very dangerous on highway. That's why I ordered the oem front stabilizer and aftermarket rear stabilizer,...
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Hi satria_wr - The Mirages in the photo in the first post don't have front bars either (Malaysian spec). Not meant to be misleading, but they were the first couple of images I found when searching.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

satria_wr (10-24-2014)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi satria_wr - The Mirages in the photo in the first post don't have front bars either (Malaysian spec). Not meant to be misleading, but they were the first couple of images I found when searching.
    Malaysian and Indonesian spec is quite similar. The difference as far as I know are the headlights leveling and the seatbelt reminder lights on dash.
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Doesn't the Firefly/Metro have independent rear suspension? That's going to be a bit more necessary to have a rear swaybar to avoid extreme body roll.

If you were to disconnect the rear swaybar on the firefly, it would have a lot more body roll than the twist-beam equipped mirage with no rear swaybar.
    I wondered if the rear axle beam acted like it's own sway bar.

There are probably a million articles on this..
    http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=112587

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I was looking at my window sticker and found that my ES has an optional $195 chrome trim kit !

Maybe they should have kept the useless chrome, and put the front sway bar on there instead...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreePot View Post
    I was looking at my window sticker and found that my ES has an optional $195 chrome trim kit !

Maybe they should have kept the useless chrome, and put the front sway bar on there instead...
    Its all personal preferences, thats why they are options. If you buy one off the lot and dont order one, you have to accept what you get. I do feel that the rear sway bar should be standard at least for the north american market, but not having an option is almost excusable.

I was going to buy a base manual, but all the dealer had was appliance white. I told them I didnt want white, and wanted to order red, blue or gray, and walked away with a gray ES that had been festering on the lot for a few months for $500 over the base price. Kind of glad nobody knows how to drive manuals anymore, because I have become attached to the proximity key and bluetooth... two options I would have never bought.

Maybe the suspension kit could be applied to the ES level, as standard? would that be a good compromise? That way all the reviewers get the good handling version.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi, even thou I voted for less body roll.dosnt change my feelings on my Mirage.It's still a Great car that I encourage everyone to buy. That's just a area Mitsubishi needs to fix to improve on the car.and from what I've read it's a easy fix from after market products. GO MIRAGE!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)