Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 vs 2015

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 vs 2015

Not sure if I'll be getting my car fixed or if it'll have to replaced so wondering about 2015's. Any changes, improvements besides antenna and chrome trim? Did they resolve the steering wheel off center issue? I never had that trouble but heard some did.
    Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Mirage Yes!!!!!!!""

Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    Not sure if I'll be getting my car fixed or if it'll have to replaced so wondering about 2015's. Any changes, improvements besides antenna and chrome trim? Did they resolve the steering wheel off center issue? I never had that trouble but heard some did.
    Thanks.
    The Pro,s out weight the Con,s the MPG, s and the 10. Warranty. And the Price of the car you can't Beat!!!! I would go test drive one and then you get Hooked on the Mirage! I tell people they get the Mirage Fever.Go for it!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I should have explained, I bought a 2014 in July and it was in an accident a few days ago. Not my fault, thankfully. I don't know if the car is fixable, waiting for the word from insurance co.
    If it isn't fixed, I can get a '14 leftover cheaper than a '15. Just wondered about the differences.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I should have explained, I bought a 2014 in July and it was in an accident a few days ago. Not my fault, thankfully. I don't know if the car is fixable, waiting for the word from insurance co.
    If it isn't fixed, I can get a '14 leftover cheaper than a '15. Just wondered about the differences.
    Oh, and I AM hooked on Mirage! Definitely will be driving one again (hopefully soon).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks.
    2015 also has turn signal mirrors (ES) and chrome vents in place of side markers (ES). They also changed did away with the purple-ish-pink color on the ES seats. ES seats are now black with grey accents. And yes, steering wheel on my 2015 is perfectly straight.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool bluejellybean :):):)

Hi,
    I'm sorry to hear about your Mirage hopefully you had gap insurance? Or they fix your Mirage.if they can't fix your mirage I would get a 2015 Mirage because all the improvements I've read about and seen makes it even better. I've got gap insurance on mine if that happens to mine that's what I will get is another mirage.keep us posted on what they do.that's why I'm extra careful because it don't take much for them to total a car these days no matter what car you have
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would just get a new one, I'm not sure about whether or not you had an emotional attachment to that particular mirage, but if not, it'd be much wiser to purchase another. It's clearly a salvage vehicle and the resale will be non-existent due to that. In addition, it probably won't drive the same and may cause you grief along the way. Argue that it's totaled and buy another in my opinion. Or. even better, see what the buyback is, and if it's worth it you will then have a parts car along with a new mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Hank,
    I agree. As long as a replacement Mirage gets me the same great mileage and handles the same I will be happy.
    Mine sustained quite a lot of damage. But I have to go with what the insurance company decides. Really a shame, I've been driving 35 years and never an accident. Usually I wear the cars out (I keep cars forever). Been putting up with a rusty 16 year old truck, finally got something decent to drive to work and now this.
    But I am thankful to be able to function! Could have been much worse.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Hi Hank,
    I agree. As long as a replacement Mirage gets me the same great mileage and handles the same I will be happy.
    Mine sustained quite a lot of damage. But I have to go with what the insurance company decides. Really a shame, I've been driving 35 years and never an accident. Usually I wear the cars out (I keep cars forever). Been putting up with a rusty 16 year old truck, finally got something decent to drive to work and now this.
    But I am thankful to be able to function! Could have been much worse.
    Tomrad, I have to agree with Hank.if it has that much damage your better off having the mirage replaced. Because it won't be the same.do you have pictures of the damage? Unless it's not bad damage.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They added some more parts to the accessories catalog from markets outside the US.