Thread: Spare wheel, some questions

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Spare wheel, some questions

Hello All,

I ordered this week a spare wheel and a car jack because we have a fix-a-flat kit installed. And thats not what I like.

Today I recieved the spacesaver and having some questions now

In the fix-a-flat kit are some things

Name:  flat-tire-set.jpg
Views: 2839
Size:  56.1 KB

1 & 2 are for a car Jack which is not in the car?
    3 is a towing eye.

I find it strange that there is a equipment for a car jack but no car jack? The place below the driver seat is empty. And unfortunally the car jack I ordered does not fit there.

Now I have installed the spacesaver, where do we put the towing eye and the car Jack equipment? Can somebody show me where cars have them who are eqiuped with a spare / spacesaver wheel?

Also another question. When I removed the fix-a-flat kit I saw this on the place where I had to place the spacesaver

Name:  spare-wheel-004.jpg
Views: 2525
Size:  51.5 KB

this is looking strange do other cars have this too?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Car jack is located under the seat, I read somewhere at Mirage quirks topic. I bought 3rd party jack from Aldi (basically because it's hydraulic and easier to jack the car).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    In Germany my car was delivered with summer tyres and the same other stuff as toxiq shows.

Since winter tyres are compulsory here, I now have the car on winter tyres plus one summer tyre laying in the recess in the boot (trunk) as the spare. I removed the plastic box completely. Then I bought a smaller size shears-type jack at a junk yard, and added a 40cm (16 inches) piece of waterpipe for lengthening the tyre-wrench. That way the tiny series wrench is actually usable.
    I added a stow-box (see Thread "more storage...") and put the other must-have-compulsory-stuff in, such as first aid kit, warning triangle, emergency vests, tools, etc.
    Now nothing falls around in the trunk, and I have a real spare and all the other compulsory stuff is also in the car.

The item (1) in toxiq's picture is the tool for removing the plastic circular cover for putting on the tow-hook (3).

The item on toxiq's second picture is part of the rear tow hitch. Look under the car and you will see.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-01-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    thanks m4v3r1ck and foama.

Here a better picture from the back where you place the spare wheel.

Name:  spare-wheel-005.jpg
Views: 2394
Size:  45.2 KB

Still looking strange, will look today under the car :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Can you post the measurements of the spare tire, or anykind of reference? I saw in a mitsubishi catalog T115/70d14 88M, doest that fit the 15 " wheels?