Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SATISFACTION Carbon Chamber Air Intake System for Mitsubishi Mirage/Space Star

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm ok with that

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That thing is a joke..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    That thing is a joke..
    I think most aftermarket intakes are. In this day and age, the airflow is tuned by the manufacturer. Yes, sometimes they restrict the airflow slightly for noise suppression, but on these cars, that was not a priority. We have 1.2 liters of volume here, there is only so much air the engine can possibly suck in...

If you open the airbox up with holes, etc you might get more noise, but you usually dont get more power. I did this on an Impreza and there was a noticable LOSS of power (but it did sound cooler).

With this not being a performance car by any means... and with the small number of vehicles sold so far, and the majority of owners using this car more like an appliance I would imagine profit margins would be small for the aftermarket.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    If you actually have had a different intake, you will notice a huge difference in rev happy. The factory box is definitely restrictive, it's slower to rev. take the pipe off the TB and see how much more rev happy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    If you actually have had a different intake, you will notice a huge difference in rev happy. The factory box is definitely restrictive, it's slower to rev. take the pipe off the TB and see how much more rev happy.
    If you take the tube off of the throttle body, you are removing the air filter from the equation, which is probably the biggest restriction.

Spend your money and time however you want, but seriously, this is a 74 hp 1.2L 3 cylinder. An intake/exhaust alone MIGHT give you a coupe of HP if you are lucky enough to not LOSE power. This has been proven with dyno tests in other threads. If you want a tangible power increase, you have to start looking at ECU tuning and forced induction (turbo or supercharger). Or just buy a faster car to begin with.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have only had my car a few days and I have a plan. It will be cheap but effective. I'll photo and share when done. Parts ordered yesterday from mitsubishi

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool, looking forward to see what you came up with, especially with OEM parts.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just bought two front sections of the stock air box for $42 each from my local Mitsubishi dealer. I'm going to do surgery on them by grinding off material and will be left with a Mass Air Flow Connection and a tube. There is a K&N to fit the tube. The complete air box will be removed and stored for SMOG Test time and I will have the two pieces I bought for modification. At $42 each, this will be CHEAP. If all goes well, I'll have one extra. This same modification made a HUGE difference on my son's Accent when I did the exact same thing and added better than 2mpg. I'll keep you posted.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i think no one here thanks of making this a race car but it would be nice to have something to spruce up the engine bay. I don't want to loss the gas mileage i just want to make the car look nice.Plus i all ready have two fast cars my 4g64t 5g mirage coupe and my s13 with fully built sr20det

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  16618_10203235824723605_359421772_n.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  40.1 KB Name:  IMG_142854830192761.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  19.8 KB