Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SATISFACTION Carbon Chamber Air Intake System for Mitsubishi Mirage/Space Star

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Exactly, and usually it's really apparent because the factory intake systems will have resonators to reduce vibrations, however most people simply remove those resonators.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by db1980 View Post
    If you take the tube off of the throttle body, you are removing the air filter from the equation, which is probably the biggest restriction.

Spend your money and time however you want, but seriously, this is a 74 hp 1.2L 3 cylinder. An intake/exhaust alone MIGHT give you a coupe of HP if you are lucky enough to not LOSE power. This has been proven with dyno tests in other threads. If you want a tangible power increase, you have to start looking at ECU tuning and forced induction (turbo or supercharger). Or just buy a faster car to begin with.
    Oh, I know it isn't ever going to be a rocket. But there is a HUGE difference in the stock airbox, and say the SpeedLab intake. It just wants to rev, and gets there a lot faster. Hell I am sure if you just make a pipe and chuck a pod filter on it will be more rev happy. Look at the area space it is trying to suck air in.

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Oh, I know it isn't ever going to be a rocket. But there is a HUGE difference in the stock airbox, and say the SpeedLab intake. It just wants to rev, and gets there a lot faster. Hell I am sure if you just make a pipe and chuck a pod filter on it will be more rev happy. Look at the area space it is trying to suck air in.

The big problem with the U.S. cars is this. We have a MAF sensor on the intake that is permenently mounted to the air box. In order to keep the MAF sensor reading right, the intake pipe needs to be the same diameter as the stock pipe is. The reason behind this is that if the pipe diameter is changed, it will change the velocity of the air in the pipe which will throw off the reading of the sensor so the car would run very poorly afterwards.

For this reason, and with how low the factory power output is anyway, on U.S. models there will not be much power if any to be gained from installing an intake.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I'm using something like that on my mirage:

Also my lancer: