Thread: USB music loading

Country
    United States
    Thanks

USB music loading

I just plugged in my USB drive to play my music, and it has been saying LOADING for the past 15 minutes. How long should this take? Am I nuts, or us that a really long time?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't figured this out...some times it loads in a few seconds, some times it takes a few minutes. I have almost all of my 32 gig USB drive filled with music so I figured it might take a while to load, but then next time I get in it loads right away.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    32 GB is a little big for the not so advanced USB interface in our cars. I have hooked an 8 GB one and it takes about 15 seconds to load.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I have 16 GB and it loads almost instantly. It shouldn't take long. Something must've been wrong on yours. FAT32 formatted?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I too have a 32 gigabyte usb stick. It has about 20 gigs loaded on a fat32 format. It loads as soon as I hit the usb button on the AV screen.

It's a usb 3.0 stick that I got on closeout at Target.( Seemed like an error on Targets part as it was only 8 dollars).

I've also used an 8gb SDHC card inside the nav unit. Same as the usb once you select it!
    It's formatted fat32 and is jammed full (only 23mb free)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I found an old 2GB usb stick at the back of my desk drawer, so I decided to pop some music onto it and plug it into my Mirage to test out the USB feature. LOVE IT! Loads music much faster than connecting and listening to music via Blutooth. The controls are also much more responsive to input. The display also works correctly, unlike with the blutooth, which didn't display any info on screen much of the time. USB sound quality is also really nice! Was good with Blutooth too, though. I don't think I notice any difference in sound quality between the two. It seems to take about 10secs to connect to the USB after starting the car. No biggie. Once connected though, playing music is instantaneous at the push of the USB button. I suppose I should mention that I have the standard head unit, not the GPS unit.