Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mirage owner

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New Mirage owner

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I really enjoy your posts. A few years ago I bought an Outlander I traded that for the 4 by 4 Raider four door with the V 8... Last month I traded that for a 2015 Mirage DE/ CVT... I can't quit drive'n the little gal!!!! What fun! And of course,,,, you can't beat the MPG.... I can actually afford to drive again! Ha.. Once again,,, thanks for the web site, Guy

Welcome to the site, OB Guy!

I was just thinking today I need to get in one again - it's been too long.

Feel free to make a garage entry for your Mirage: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    We all feel the same about the MPG! Welcome to the forum!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool mirage fever:):):):):)

Quote Originally Posted by Gancho View Post
    We all feel the same about the MPG! Welcome to the forum!
    WELCOME FROM BLUEJELLYBEAN GLAD TO HAVE YOU! what color did you get.send some pictures Name:  IMAG0100.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  95.5 KB
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wanted the blue, but they had none in stock. Lucky you! Enjoy the new ride!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My best friend, Buddy Boy The Wonderdog is getting kind of old and one of the reasons I traded my Raider is he could get in an out of the Mirage easier... Well, I've noticed he is hesitant to get in and out of the car because his claws try to grab into the metal part of the door jam... So, I went to Harbor Freight and got some of that rubber, self adhesive Industrial looking surface. It is 17 inches long and 4 inches wide. Bought 5 of these things for $2.50 each cuz,,, what the heck. I come home, cut to size and Wawala ,,, it works great! It looks good too and will act as a scuff guard. The last piece I had I affixed to the top of my rear bumper as a scratch guard! I didn't even have to cut the sucker down. Anyway,,, just enjoying to journey.... Loving this site BTW, Guy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Can you get some pictures of this Guy?

Also, welcome to the site!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm trying to figure out how to do that.
    Last edited by OB Guy; 11-19-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just an FYI,, I. The mid 80s my wife an I bought a Chevy Sprint ER. I consistently got over 50 MPG with it. My wife got it in the devorce I wrote her the other day and told her I got the Mirage.. I asked her how many miles she put on the 3 cylinder Sprint and she told me 360K!!!! Changed the oil religiously, put in one clutch and NEVER had a valve job done!!!! LOL... Isn't that amazing?

Yeah, those little 993cc Suzuki 3-cylinders would run forever if they got basic maintenance.

It's funny -- I've heard / read people saying they were interested in the Mirage but were scared off by uncertainty about whether a 3-cylinder can stand the test of time (and distance).

I always mention the old Suzuki-powered Swift/Sprint/Metro/Fireflies as examples. And those 55 hp 1.0's were probably worked harder than the 1.2's in the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)