Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I've had the safety restraint system (SRS) warning light come on.
    The dealer reset the error code twice, before the sensor was finally replaced.

The whole job was done on warranty.
    My Mirage is going to get a new sensor as well - 2014 model with 5000 miles on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That must be a common thing that is going out? Because my airbag light has been on for about 3wk so this wk I'm having it fixed
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I took my Mirage to Bell Tire to have the tires road forced spin balanced ( 5057 miles on the clock ) and rotated. All tires were still perfectly balanced, which gives me the warm fuzzy feeling my alignment must be ok. I'm going to make an appointment to get my free oil change at my dealer soon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Two dealer visits have failed to find the cause of what sounds like loose suspension component "clunks" as I go over moderate but sharp bumps like lane markers. One explanation was that it was probably a loose brake pad. Took wheel off and found the brake pads firmly mounted in the caliper. Going to try another dealer. Figure if I visit enough dealers I will get the problem solved.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randysmirage View Post
    Two dealer visits have failed to find the cause of what sounds like loose suspension component "clunks" as I go over moderate but sharp bumps like lane markers. One explanation was that it was probably a loose brake pad. Took wheel off and found the brake pads firmly mounted in the caliper. Going to try another dealer. Figure if I visit enough dealers I will get the problem solved.
    My Mirage does this, too. So does my girlfriend's. I just figured it was a characteristic of an under-dampened suspension.

Dealer's probably going to tell you "it's normal".

And it may be.

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I get a big "clunk" when I drive off of a parking lot onto the road. It is the rear suspension suddenly "unloading" downwards. I've had other cars that do it (Honda Fit for one), so I never thought anything of it.

Let us know if the dealer can do anything!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DonHoot For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (12-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mine also makes this noise. It is normal. Our cars have very little sound deadening, and the simple suspension design does transmit more noise.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It is probably the hood! Walk up to the car and put your hand/palm on the hood right above the mitsu emblem.
    Push and release in a fast motion and it should rattle like crazy. Or have someone else do it and sit inside to listen if it's the sound you hear.

There are two rubber bumpers that are threaded so you could crank them up a little to tighten the hood in the closed position.

Just a suggestion.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

fifteenwindow (06-20-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine makes the cluck also, but not often. Reminds me of the sound when an exhaust pipe would bang into the floor board. Maybe it's the spring shifting in its cradle ( on rear )? 1st time I heard it was while on vacation. Just driving along and BANG! I knew I hadn't seen anything on the road, but made me look for something in rearview.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    It is probably the hood! Walk up to the car and put your hand/palm on the hood right above the mitsu emblem.
    Push and release in a fast motion and it should rattle like crazy. Or have someone else do it and sit inside to listen if it's the sound you hear.

There are two rubber bumpers that are threaded so you could crank them up a little to tighten the hood in the closed position.

Just a suggestion.
    You want the bumpers to put enough pressure that the hood "Pops" up when you pull the release handle, but not high enough that the edge of the hood sticks up above the surrounding parts of the body, when the hood is fully closed.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)