Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine , is on. And it's the air bag sencer. They will fix on the 9th. That's more then likely your problem. Have to go have them ck that out, at the Dealer

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup same here haha. Been too busy to go to the dealer..

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  93.2 KB
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, unfortunately the closest dealer is an hour away, so it's a major inconvenience to have to go to them for anything. This is also the shady dealer that pulled the bait-and-switch slapping alloys on a DE. The next closest one is an hour and a half away, and they're good. Other option is taking the dreaded Beltway into Maryland to go to the dealer I bought my new one from, but I'm hesitant to go that way anymore because my accident happened on that route.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bait and switch? Did they try to get you?
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All my lug nuts have lost their chrome finish.

Took the car in for it's 7500 mile service (1st time back to the dealership since my Nav unit was replaced a day after purchase for a non functioning mic).

Dealership refused to replace the lugs after conferring with Mits as they "currently perform their intended function".

I expressed disappointment, but understanding. Verified (tongue in cheek) that when the wheels start to fall off, the Road Side Assistance will tow the vehicle to them.

Also let them know that this does impact my choice when making future vehicle choice, so the decision may be penny wise, pound foolish.

I have had very good experience with previous Mits standing behind their vehicles under warranty. Had an 8 year old Lancer's rear panels replaced under warranty for rust in the wheel wells. Cost of that repair probably came close to the residual value of the vehicle, but they ordered OEM panels, disassembled car, painted panels, and reassembled with $0 cost to me.

As all lugs have lost their chrome finish, at least they match - just low luster compared to new.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Problem free. Bought my car December 2013.

Bumping this thread.

Since the thread started, we've had a recall over the airbag sensor issue that several people reported.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    They should be sending out notices for the alignment check / fix to all that purchase(d) a Mirage . Don't think we can buy a Mirage sedan since they have no appreciation for the consumers . All about the $ .
    Last edited by cinder; 12-01-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Bumping this thread.

Since the thread started, we've had a recall over the airbag sensor issue that several people reported.
    I think the recall is for a different airbag sensor than the one described here. I had my car in for the recall last week, had the passenger seat airbag sensor changed a while ago. The recall (if I recall correctly ) is for a sensor in the front bumper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, I had mine in for the Air bag Sencor . The Front of the car. I can't remember if it was the Left or right side.

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)