Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    If it does this when the engine is cold only it might be due to the fact your oil filter does not have the anti drain back feature. I had this situation but fixed it with a wix oil filter that has the anti drain back feature. Is it sort of a metal grinding sound for a second or two one you start it?
    Mine does exactly what you're talking about. Immediately after the engine turns over, there is a grinding type of noise for literally a second. I hate the noise, but I just chalked it up to the way the engine is designed. I figured that initial grinding was just the friction before the oil circulates.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    So far mine is problem free.the only thing I've noticed is every once in a while it has a rattle under the Hood when you Frist start. Then it stops.but it dosnt do every time. When I take it in for the next oil change I will have them ck it out
    Does your "rattle" sound almost like if you kept turning a gas or oil cap when it clicks/snaps, but rapid for a second or two?

Since I got mine in november, I've heard something like that now and then. I wasn't sure if this was normal. I assumed it has something to do with the AC, as I haven't noticed it since it got cooler out.

Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Mine does exactly what you're talking about. Immediately after the engine turns over, there is a grinding type of noise for literally a second. I hate the noise, but I just chalked it up to the way the engine is designed. I figured that initial grinding was just the friction before the oil circulates.
    Every time? Can you get audio/video of this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by frankd14321 View Post
    We have 28,000 US miles on ours.. we bought it 11 months ago.. only issue we have had is our A/C compressor broke.. car wasn't down and only took 3 days to get a replacement. No other issues
    Thanks for the info... and welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Red face 6000 km no problems

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Attachment 1884

Just wondering if any of you have had to take your cars in for fixes at the dealership. Small or large items, post 'em here.

On the other hand, if you've gone many km/miles with no problems, definitely feel free post that as well.

The only big ones I can think of, offhand:

>>> Some members in southeast Asia/Australia/NZ had the warranty flywheel/ring gear repair to deal with the grinding starter noise. I haven't heard of any more of those lately. Thread: Video: starter problem (Mirage 1.2L CVT) - flywheel defect? Update: warranty repair

>>> And Donhoot's CVT: Uh-oh CVT problems! (Update: replaced under warranty)
    See title

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Six week old ribbit-green Mirage=1,128 miles=perfect.
    Any one know how to lower volume of, or silence, "You Are Over The Speed Limit" Voice?
    Speed Limit Voice Defects= 1.) Sometimes Voice Wrong; 2.) Voice Maddens Passengers; 3.) If I tip-toe over speed-limit, it's by about 1-2 mph.

ANSWER:For tech adjustments I have found that "Ask a child" works.
    Last edited by rzb; 12-26-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

electronic voice

Quote Originally Posted by rzb View Post
    Any one know how to lower volume of, or silence, "You Are Over The Speed Limit" Voice?
    Speed Limit Voice Defects= 1.) Sometimes Voice Wrong; 2.) Voice Maddens Passengers; 3.) If I tip-toe over speed-limit, it's by about 1-2 mph.
    I think it may be one or the gazillion things that you can tweak by going to your dealer and ask them to let her shut the **** up... The Mirage service manual explicitly states that almost all electronic variables can be changed by your dealer by changing the software. I think it is worth a Phone call at least.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine does not do this, is this something in the 2015 models? That would drive me crazy and I would probably demand it shut off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    If it does this when the engine is cold only it might be due to the fact your oil filter does not have the anti drain back feature. I had this situation but fixed it with a wix oil filter that has the anti drain back feature. Is it sort of a metal grinding sound for a second or two one you start it?
    The specified Denso MZ690072 also has anti drain back. $5 something at my Mitsu store.
    The other specified filter is the one the car came with, 1230A105 at over twice the price with no anti drain back...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Link up your phone and have Siri kick it's ass ?