Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ever wonder why the first question the service writer asks is, "did you purchase your car here" ?
    I think it's because if you didn't, they want to know so they can go out of their way to give you the best treatment and try to win you over.

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Now approaching 42000km and no problems to date. Swapped tires front to rear at 25000km and expect to get to 50000km before needing to replace. My next service due at 45000km at which the next oil change is scheduled [our intervals in NZ for engine oil changes are 15000km] Would be interesting to know why the variations in different parts of the world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 46.8 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Mine does exactly what you're talking about. Immediately after the engine turns over, there is a grinding type of noise for literally a second. I hate the noise, but I just chalked it up to the way the engine is designed. I figured that initial grinding was just the friction before the oil circulates.
    I think you are correct in your diagnosis. Next oil change, try a filter with the anti drain back feature and see if this works. I have not heard that horrible metal grinding sound since!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rzb View Post
    Six week old ribbit-green Mirage=1,128 miles=perfect.
    Any one know how to lower volume of, or silence, "You Are Over The Speed Limit" Voice?
    Speed Limit Voice Defects= 1.) Sometimes Voice Wrong; 2.) Voice Maddens Passengers; 3.) If I tip-toe over speed-limit, it's by about 1-2 mph.
    do you own a shotgun? I would use mine to silence this immediately if I had to hear a voice nagging me everytime I went over the speed limit...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The only thing I have now is a little bit hard to explain ;

When the front right damper depress itself (When there's a drop and the wheel go down before the car) there is a big clunk, left side isnt doing the same.

Plus when i'm going backward and stop after having turned the wheels there is a little clunk on the right side too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Airbag light just lit on...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectNova View Post
    The only thing I have now is a little bit hard to explain ;

When the front right damper depress itself (When there's a drop and the wheel go down before the car) there is a big clunk, left side isnt doing the same.

Plus when i'm going backward and stop after having turned the wheels there is a little clunk on the right side too.
    I experience the same thing. I think it's totally normal for the Mirage. I'm finding that if the wheels drop too fast, the suspension makes a loud BANG noise. It shouldn't be doing this. It's just not a well designed suspension, sadly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rzb View Post
    Six week old ribbit-green Mirage=1,128 miles=perfect.
    Any one know how to lower volume of, or silence, "You Are Over The Speed Limit" Voice?
    Speed Limit Voice Defects= 1.) Sometimes Voice Wrong; 2.) Voice Maddens Passengers; 3.) If I tip-toe over speed-limit, it's by about 1-2 mph.
    I had a Mirage with GPS for a week as a loaner before I was able to take delivery on my Mirage, which doesn't have GPS. That overspeed warning was driving me nuts! You'll be happy to know there IS a way to turn that nagging off. It's buried within the menus. This was several months ago, so I can't tell you where. Perhaps in sound settings or something of that nature.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since taking delivery of my Mirage, the passenger airbag cover has never been seated to the dash properly. It's raised on on the left side of the cover about a quarter of an inch. It's just cosmetic, but it's in my face and I see it every day so it's really aggravating. I've been procrastinating about bringing it to the dealership to have corrected. I'm thinking they're going to hassle me about it and not want to fix it. Anyone else's Mirage have an ill-fitting passenger airbag cover?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    do you own a shotgun? I would use mine to silence this immediately if I had to hear a voice nagging me everytime I went over the speed limit...
    Go to your dealer and tell him to shut it up. The dealer can tweak all electronics in your car to your wishes. It says so in your service manual.