Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Yay for persistence! Boo for making you come back 3 times!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrugalDriver View Post
    ...soft clinking sound emanating from the driver's side front every time the wheel went over a rough surface.
    ...mechanic had found the brake caliper bolt(s) loose, and upon tightening it/them, eliminated the noise.
    I had this identical problem which I traced to loose caliper bolts. One way I could tell it was the calipers was to go over a bump to cause the noise. Then go over the same bump again...except this time apply the brakes slightly when the noise started. For me, the noise immediately went away with application of the brakes. Once I properly torqued the caliper bolts...no more noise.

I can't blame this on Mitsubishi because I disassembled my front brakes when the car was new. So it was completely my fault. But I fixed it myself, too. So not really a warranty job.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just clocked the 100,000 mark on my 2014 1.2L CVT. Still all original except front brakes and tires. The brakes I changed at 70,000 just because I was going cross country. The old ones still very good and I saved them.
    Only warranty was that recall for a connector under the drivers floor mat.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krash For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-22-2018),MetroMPG (07-20-2018)

Congrats, krash. Thanks for the update!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone had warranty work done on a manual transmission with a crunchy reverse?

That is literally the only problem with my Mirage, and I am under the warranty period.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxrider View Post
    Has anyone had warranty work done on a manual transmission with a crunchy reverse?

That is literally the only problem with my Mirage, and I am under the warranty period.
    Some members have replaced their factory fill with Redline fluid and have stated that their shifting is better. More likely is that the clutch is slightly out of adjustment. The Mirage uses a cable with a simple adjustment nut.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The issue you are describing makes it sound like the clutch pedal isn't going all the way down to the floor. A floor mat could be in the way, or you may need to make an adjustment to the clutch pedal linkage to make it a bit longer.

To be honest, I've never made such an adjustment on a Mirage, so I couldn't tell you the exact procedure. On my Delorean I simply move a couple of bolts around to lengthen the linkage.

If you don't feel like adjusting the clutch pedal there is a simple work around. Press the clutch pedal twice before shifting into reverse.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Or select second gear to stop the input shaft, then select reverse. This should stop the gear clash issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I havent had any issues, I finally took car to dealership for the airbag recall and it was a pleasant experience, They did not try to upsell me anything and gave me a free car wash. Also they sent an Uber to drive me home (which arrived inside of 3 minutes) and another Uber to pick me up when the repair was complete. They gave me a coupon for free tire rotation but I did not use it since I rotated tires myself a couple months ago.

There was free coffee from a vending machine. The waiting room was full of customers with their faces each buried in a smartphone. There was a flat screen TV showing the news.

The only complaint is that the mechanic changed the settings of the seat and my drivers side mirror and my rear view mirror. It was about 3 hours before the car was finished
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Warranty topic:
    Thread: 4th wheel bearing I've had to replace now