Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Name:  $warranty-mirage-header.jpg
Views: 5020
Size:  29.2 KB

Just wondering if any of you have had to take your cars in for fixes at the dealership. Small or large items, post 'em here.

On the other hand, if you've gone many km/miles with no problems, definitely feel free post that as well.

The only big ones I can think of, offhand:

>>> Some members in southeast Asia/Australia/NZ had the warranty flywheel/ring gear repair to deal with the grinding starter noise. I haven't heard of any more of those lately. Thread: Video: starter problem (Mirage 1.2L CVT) - flywheel defect? Update: warranty repair

>>> And Donhoot's CVT: Uh-oh CVT problems! (Update: replaced under warranty)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had my navigation unit replaced for a defective microphone. Noticed it the day after I took possession.

Dealership had to order a new unit and got it in 2 days. 2nd unit has worked perfectly.

Other than that initial defect, car has been perfect in about 6 months of daily use.

Thread: Day 1 Potential Problems 1 (Bluetooth mic?) Update: warranty replacement
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 11-17-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: (added link)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aydu For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-17-2014),MetroMPG (11-17-2014)

Thanks, aydu. Added the link to your thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    21,000 km since Mar 1st, went in to get CVT checked for surging... turns out it adjusts up n down a lot when cruise is on in high head/cross winds, so not really an issue.
    Everything works as it should so far.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-17-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've got a small gripe I'm going to take mine in for at some point if I ever get time...

Mine is a 5MT and there is a vibration/buzz in the clutch pedal when shifting above 3500 RPM. It's hard to describe, you kinda just have to drive it to understand.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-17-2014)

Shifting above 3500 RPM! No wonder you're only averaging 44 mpg US!

Thanks for the replies so far, guys.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Of course this isn't statistically valid, but the Honda Fit, a car I have been cross-shopping with the Mirage . . . you know, the one journalists go on and on about - so much better than the Mirage . . . well, here is the list of issues with it so far (17 page thread): Quality issues with the new Fit

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

fc321 (05-06-2018),IwantaMirage (10-02-2016),MetroMPG (11-18-2014)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    11K miles on mine, 5MT here. No issues with my car, only interior squeaks that have increased in regularity since the cold weather has hit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I've got a small gripe I'm going to take mine in for at some point if I ever get time...

Mine is a 5MT and there is a vibration/buzz in the clutch pedal when shifting above 3500 RPM. It's hard to describe, you kinda just have to drive it to understand.
    Bounce it off the revlimiter and then you might not notice it so much! & MetroMPG - live a little, rev that lil' triple up like it yearns to be!!
    I have noticed a delightful whine at over 6kRPM, it sounds awesome (it's quite soft though, hard to hear over wind/road noise in 3 and up) but it works as a great audial shift indicator

Oh yeah - I'm almost at 8k miles of spirited driving an' nary a complaint, except for: the lack of a turbo.... man would that transform this bugger
    ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    I've had the safety restraint system (SRS) warning light come on.
    The dealer reset the error code twice, before the sensor was finally replaced.

The whole job was done on warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Donut For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-20-2014)