Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Fog Lights? (Installing fog lights on existing factory wiring?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    this is on my mod list as well though I may not go OEM the wife works for a lighting company might have a better product

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello, I got the same problem. I looked for the factory wiring for the foglamps and it was there, the problem is, from inside, where should we hook the push button switch.

Have you already resolved yours? Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BSNOW View Post
    hi got the answer to make them work whit the factory cables

u have to buy a relay an a small cable.

Attachment 4275
    relay

Attachment 4276
    cable
    I know this is an old thread, but can someone explain exactly what's going on here? I understand you need a new relay to run the fog lights if your car wasn't originally equipped, but what is being "jumped" or bypassed here with the wire? Does this get around the etacs needing activation for fog lights, or is this something else?

I could be wrong but I assume if you have a fog light switch on the signal stock already then you should only have to get the etacs module programmed and add a relay to the fuse box to make them work like stock. If you don't have the fog light switch then I guess you're running your own switch and relay? Here's the two different switches https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...mp+switch,4472

And a thread https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-working/page2

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I could be wrong but I assume if you have a fog light switch on the signal stock already then you should only have to get the etacs module programmed and add a relay to the fuse box to make them work like stock. If you don't have the fog light switch then I guess you're running your own switch and relay? Here's the two different switches https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...mp+switch,4472

And a thread https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-working/page2
    I understand that part and believe you're correct. I am still confused about what the wire is for in that pic though...

Could have been a jumper to power the fog light relay when the headlights were on? The top relay is the headlight relay. I wouldn't do things like that, cook your relay or wiring and you now have no headlights. Been there. And that member didn't appear to be from around here. Either way, it's not needed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (07-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Could have been a jumper to power the fog light relay when the headlights were on? The top relay is the headlight relay. I wouldn't do things like that, cook your relay or wiring and you now have no headlights. Been there. And that member didn't appear to be from around here. Either way, it's not needed.
    That makes sense! I kinda figured that it was using the power from something else, but I didn't know that top one was the headlight relay. I'm generally not a fan of "workarounds" for stuff like this, but was curious what was going on. I would like to set mine up with fog lights, but $100 at the dealership for the etac to be turned on seems ridiculous. I may just add my own switch, since I have some empty spots on the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bralexander View Post
    That makes sense! I kinda figured that it was using the power from something else, but I didn't know that top one was the headlight relay. I'm generally not a fan of "workarounds" for stuff like this, but was curious what was going on. I would like to set mine up with fog lights, but $100 at the dealership for the etac to be turned on seems ridiculous. I may just add my own switch, since I have some empty spots on the dash.
    You don't need the dealer to activate. I'm able to do it with my autel scanner.(was even able to activate rear fog light icon)It might be worth calling a few independent shops to see if anyone would be willing to give it a try with yours. I can't speak for snap on or mac scanners but I'd be suprised if they weren't as capable as an autel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (07-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You don't need the dealer to activate. I'm able to do it with my autel scanner.(was even able to activate rear fog light icon)It might be worth calling a few independent shops to see if anyone would be willing to give it a try with yours. I can't speak for snap on or mac scanners but I'd be suprised if they weren't as capable as an autel.
    Thanks for the info! I just came across another (I think I've read 10+) fog light thread, and it looks like I might not need to go to anyone at all! I am going to try this out to see if it works for me! Looks pretty straightforward.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...623-Fog-lights

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-17-2020)

Good work. I didn't even know about that was possible. Not sure how I missed that thread.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (07-17-2020)