Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Fog Lights? (Installing fog lights on existing factory wiring?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Good work. I didn't even know about that was possible. Not sure how I missed that thread.
    Yeah, I really read pages and pages of fog light threads and none of them said anything about this procedure. I can't wait for my wife to get home from work with the car so I can try it out!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I just wanted to post again, this sequence works! https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...623-Fog-lights
    I just did it on our 2018 ES and now the dash fog light indicator turns on when I turn the switch. Now I just need to order some fog lights and a relay.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

daleWV (07-18-2020),Eggman (07-18-2020),Fummins (09-14-2023),inuvik (07-18-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Rear foglight

Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    I have done this mod with little effort, the only other part that's needed is a relay..automotive relay SPST 35A 12V... look on the Digi-Key website it is part number ACVN51212. It cost me $5.60 Cdn plus shipping. Mitsubishi charges quite a bit more.....here's the link http://www.digikey.ca/product-search...ords=ACVN51212
    Oh, and the dealer will have to activate the function with a software change, $20-$25 or so.
    Hi strawboss, can you send me the picture where the relay is located? I already ordered the relay, but I do not know where to place the relay. Tia

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I found this looks pretty good.Tell me what you think.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DVDVVXX

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxjetz View Post
    Hi strawboss, can you send me the picture where the relay is located? I already ordered the relay, but I do not know where to place the relay. Tia
    It's in the relay box located in the engine compartment. There was a label in the lid/cover on my Mirage shouldn't be difficult to locate. Sorry, I don't have a picture, but there is one in post #52 of this thread....
    Last edited by strawboss; 02-21-2021 at 11:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxjetz View Post
    you also need to change the combi switch GLX model is not equipped with switch, get a switch from GLS model then you need to activate the features on etacs thu MUT, the indication light on the dash will also activate.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine came with a relay and switch it was plug and play after that.There is also a place in the fuse panel under the dash with a free free fuse outlet not being used you can connect to it also.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Mine came with a relay and switch it was plug and play after that.There is also a place in the fuse panel under the dash with a free free fuse outlet not being used you can connect to it also.

In phils. model base units is not equipped with switch the combi switch for the base model ddnt have a rotaty switch for the foglamp some just install separate lines and put separate switch on the blank switch provisions, but if you have a combi switch for the higher variant its just plug en play.

Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    In phils. model base units is not equipped with switch the combi switch for the base model ddnt have a rotaty switch for the foglamp some just install separate lines and put separate switch on the blank switch provisions, but if you have a combi switch for the higher variant its just plug en play.
    It seems like most north american Mirages came with the fog light switch on the signal arm regardless of whether they have fog lights or not.

All the cars I've seen here in Canada also have the rear fog light function too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It seems like most north american Mirages came with the fog light switch on the signal arm regardless of whether they have fog lights or not.

All the cars I've seen here in Canada also have the rear fog light function too.
    Name:  IMG_20210318_082722.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  76.0 KB

they manage to squeeze every penny they can take to make the price lower.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-14-2023)