Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedlab's supercharged Mirage 1.2L

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Looks good. Reminds me of the setup on the 4M40 (though that was turbocharged rather than supercharged).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sick. How much for the intercooler kit? has it been dyno tested?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Very clean setup, everything is so tidy, good work. I don't like the location of the cone filter and even with a hoodscoop it will draw warm air but I suppose that is what the intercooler is for. Would be neat to hear this with an atmospheric BOV.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    Sick. How much for the intercooler kit? has it been dyno tested?
    This kit with intercooler will be more expensive than the regular supercharger kit. Testing is on-going.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Am so excited looking at this setup, wow imagine 70 HP extra! Add wings and rudder and it will fly even faster than Airbus A380

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A note on price. You're not just paying for tubing and a turbo. You're paying for the engineering, too.

Personally, I'd consider an engine swap before going with forced induction. There's no replacement for displacement. :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    A note on price. You're not just paying for tubing and a turbo. You're paying for the engineering, too.

Personally, I'd consider an engine swap before going with forced induction. There's no replacement for displacement. :P

... except a turbo!
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    And yet there is still no video....think I might look into an engine swap over this modification. Speedlab are awful when providing information to potential customers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    And yet there is still no video....think I might look into an engine swap over this modification. Speedlab are awful when providing information to potential customers.
    What exactly did you want a video of? Definitely do whatever floats your boat. Your car, your money, your choice. I'm not twisting anyone's arm. And if you asked speedlab questions about it, they'd probably answer you. But a video is pretty freaking ridiculous. What did you want a video of it from the passenger seat while moving? You would not be able to tell ANYTHING from the modification from that.

Definitely go swap... maybe it will cost you less. You may even be able to do it in less time than the one that is featured on this forum. How's that one doing?

Now if a video is all you want, then email speedlab and ask them for a video.

I owe you absolutely nothing. Go do your swap. Hopefully you'll learn enough from the project to speak less like a magazine mechanic.

Good luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Donggie For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-11-2016)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donggie View Post
    What exactly did you want a video of? Definitely do whatever floats your boat. Your car, your money, your choice. I'm not twisting anyone's arm. And if you asked speedlab questions about it, they'd probably answer you. But a video is pretty freaking ridiculous. What did you want a video of it from the passenger seat while moving? You would not be able to tell ANYTHING from the modification from that.

Definitely go swap... maybe it will cost you less. You may even be able to do it in less time than the one that is featured on this forum. How's that one doing?

Now if a video is all you want, then email speedlab and ask them for a video.

I owe you absolutely nothing. Go do your swap. Hopefully you'll learn enough from the project to speak less like a magazine mechanic.

Good luck.
    Steady on, chap. I read it that Jackson's already approached Speedlab and irrespective of that, I think his post was more aimed at them than your own efforts to tell us about this supercharger kit, which we all appreciate even if we're not in the market for one ourselves. We're all car lunatics to varying degrees and we find these projects interesting by default.

I would say however that a video isn't as absurd as you may think; nothing sells a product like seeing it in action. For example, seeing a dash video of the supercharged 0-60mph and/or the 30-70mph versus standard would be interesting, as would a few general driving and/or flypast videos so we can hear what I'm sure is the quite amusing sound of a wailing supercharger in a little econobox.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)