Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to adjust maintenance reminder interval?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

How to adjust maintenance reminder interval?

After getting my oil changed yesterday, I was trying to adjust the interval on the maintenance reminder and couldn't figure out how. I read the owners manual, but it only suggests taking it to a Mitsu dealer to have the interval adjusted. Is there any way for me to adjust it myself? I was able to reset it, not adjust the interval. It currently reads 9900 mile/10 month intervals after resetting it, which is far too long. The oil was pretty dark by 5200 miles and 2 months. I'd like to change it to 5,000 mile intervals.

NOTE: If you press and hold the button 3 times in succession while the little wrench icon is blinking, it displays "nor". Anyone know what this means and what it's referring to?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm rusty, but the car may have to be on acc and then hold. Took me a second to figure it out too.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I had the same issue. I followed the manual's instructions and reset it, but for me, it defaulted to 1 month or 2800km (1,750 miles). I drove to the dealer to ask about resetting it for the recommended interval. They told me that it had to be done on their computer . . . and that any savings I realized on the oil change would be lost after that. I asked if they could just do it next week when I bring my car in for the recall work (airbag). Yes, it could . . . but will still cost $25. I am amazed by that level of gouging. Basically, if I want that feature to work I have to pay $105 per oil change rather than $60 at a good mechanic's shop or $30 to do it myself!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    it goes off automatically after a while. i just ignore it till my next oil change if ever they forgot to reset it..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    After getting my oil changed yesterday, I was trying to adjust the interval on the maintenance reminder and couldn't figure out how. I read the owners manual, but it only suggests taking it to a Mitsu dealer to have the interval adjusted. Is there any way for me to adjust it myself? I was able to reset it, not adjust the interval. It currently reads 9900 mile/10 month intervals after resetting it, which is far too long. The oil was pretty dark by 5200 miles and 2 months. I'd like to change it to 5,000 mile intervals.

NOTE: If you press and hold the button 3 times in succession while the little wrench icon is blinking, it displays "nor". Anyone know what this means and what it's referring to?
    You have to reset it with the car turned off. So when you have the car turned off, press the button until you get to the maintenance miles and the wrench, and then press and hold the button until the wrench disappears. Actually after I did this I don't think the wrench ever popped up again and I'm glad.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Resetting it can be done at home. Changing it has to be done at the dealership. My dealership tried to change it and failed...

TWICE.

I gave up trying to get it reset to 3,750, so it is still at the default of 7,500.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    What procedure did they use to change it? Did it require special equipment or some special incantation of magic-button-press sequence?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I gave up trying to get it reset to 3,750, so it is still at the default of 7,500.
    Wait, the default is 7500 MILES (12,070km) for you!? Mine is 8000km (much more reasonable).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What procedure did they use to change it? Did it require special equipment or some special incantation of magic-button-press sequence?
    I think they use the Mitsubishi MUT (expensive dealership machine) for this. But I wasn't present when they tried to do it.

And yes, the default on these cars in the US is 7500 miles. My girlfriend's is 19,000 miles!

The maintenance reminders in these cars are kinda useless...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I wonder if a Fcar machine would access & change these settings. Is anyone here familiar with these?

https://www.fcarusa.com/f3comparison
    https://www.fcarusa.com/products/F3G-details

PS: https://www.fcarusa.com/sites/defaul...shi/enfunc.pdf

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)