Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First tank = 402 mi = 50 MPG

Country
    United States
    Thanks

First tank = 402 mi = 50 MPG

Filled up today for the 1st time (empty fuel gauge blinking) @402 miles on the odometer. Filled up and pump stopped at 7.8 gallons, squeezed 0.2 more for an exact 8 gallons. Usually new cars get higher mpg as they're driven more so I'm very impressed w/ the fuel economy of my Mirage thus far.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mikemustbebored For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-11-2014)

Nicely done! That's 50.25 mpg US

(4.7 L/100km = 21.4 km/L = 60.4 mpg Imp. for our international conversions)

What type of driving was that? Did you make any special effort to eco-drive?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks metro. Believe it or not, my driving has been mostly freeway lately and has incorporated a few hypermiling characteristics over the years which I just recently became aware of as I learned what hypermiling is, lol. Nothing serious tho, just coasting as much as safely possible along w/ keeping the speedometer ~65 as much as possible when on the freeway. I live in SoCal so obviously I'm forced to get on the gas pedal when merging onto the freeways. I used to get mid 40's mpg in my echo and just recently recalled getting 40+ mpg in an old 89 Plymouth Colt that was loaned to me last summer.

Here's a pic of the Colt I was driving last Summer, my buddy was using my Echo out in Indio, CA for a few months because it had AC to help keep him from dying from the Heat. Name:  IMG_0499.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  60.8 KB

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    That thing called lancer in NL ... lol funny .... but nicely done.
    My experience is that my car gets better the more i driven it compared to when it's brand new.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

mike: sounds like you've got a good handle on ecodriving.

That was also called Mirage in the US, I believe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well executed . Mike , does your Mirage have the C.V.T.? We had a '91 Colt with the manual . Liked the previous generations that we had and a '92 EAGLE Summit sedan with the 5 speed manual better .The Summit had lots of head and leg room . Could you get pictures of the display before the next fill of gas ? Thanks for the post .
    Last edited by cinder; 04-11-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Metro, yes that colt was built in Japan by Mitsubishi. I believe it had a 1.5 sohc w/ an 8-valve head. It had efi, I know this for sure. Pretty decent/simple car w/o power steering, AC, or even a radio!

Cinder, my mirage does not have the cvt. I did test drive the cvt first but didn't enjoy how "over-active" it was imo. Just seemed like the rpm gauge was all over the place, lol. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  60.0 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^^^ see how it says imported for Plymouth on the lower right?

Btw cinder, I'll try to take a snapshot of the display next time I hop in. What would you like to see exactly? avg mpg?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The overall gas mileage for the tank with miles on the fill ( Trip A or B ) and a gas receipt . Hope that's not to much to ask for . I've done the same in Yarisworld and FITFREAK . Hate to say this , but we traded in the '08 Yaris for a '13 base model FIT with the 5 speed auto . She didn't feel secure in the MIRAGE . Maybe someday we'll get one , possibly the sedan when it comes to the U.S.. The FIT was $15,574 ( includes destination of $790 ) before taxes , fees , etc.. The M.S.R.P. was $17,015 ( w/ $790 D.C.) . Here are some pictures . Now have 2 , the other is a '11 base with the 5 speed auto . I'll take the same pictures for the tank ( including receipt ) and a few others . The dealer fill is usually off compared to the following fills .
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Last edited by cinder; 04-13-2014 at 04:13 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice ride, my wife has a 2012 Fit Sport. I've always been impressed with it's handling. Tonight was the 1st time she has riden in my mirage, she says it's nice but was asking "whAt's that buzzing sound?" Never really noticed it before but I beleive it's the bluetooth. Curious if any other owners have observed this... btw, here's a pic of my current odo, basically I've driven 44 miles since filling up. Continuing to be impressed w/ the mpg. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  91.1 KB