Thread: High pitch noise? (dog doesn't like to ride in the car)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

High pitch noise? (dog doesn't like to ride in the car)

Houston I have a problem... And it could be a biggie for me. I have been having trouble getting my dog Buddy to get in the Mirage to go for a ride!!! One of the reasons I bought the car was he was having trouble getting in and out of my MIT. Raider. I've made the car as dog friendly as I can so far and the only thin I can think of is the noise. I spent years singing in a rock band too much time next to the PA! My ears are shot when it comes to high pitches.. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm really grabbing at straws here... He is my best friend and I take Buddy everywhere... Any help would be great,,,, thank you... I LOVE my Mirage, OB Guy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Try removing the antenna. I think there was a thread about it here somewhere...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I dida test.. Buddy was sitting in front of my car. My friend was watching while I took it to 4K.. Buddy don't move!!!!!That is not the problem.... I'm thinking

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you Ares...

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Sometimes dogs are not rational in their fears. Try Youtube on "Dog whisperer". The problem may lie in the dog, not in the car as you will quickly find out when you look at that.

Solution: car needs more doggy treats inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks guys... Buddy has always enjoyed going for rides... But I have to drag him to go with me now.. I am thinking it might be how he gets out of this car. He jumps from the seat,,,, not the floorboard like he does from other vehicles. I'm gonna keep trying. He is 11 so it's tough for him.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    No idea, I don't hear anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OB Guy View Post
    Thanks guys... Buddy has always enjoyed going for rides... But I have to drag him to go with me now.. I am thinking it might be how he gets out of this car. He jumps from the seat,,,, not the floorboard like he does from other vehicles. I'm gonna keep trying. He is 11 so it's tough for him.

old thread, but i feel your pain bro. my dog is always high in my mind when it comes to cars. go online and you can find many pet ramps (petsmart for ex.) which make it easy for an older pet to get in and out of a vehicle. many brands stash away neatly in the car as well.