Thread: How could I reset the tyre pressure warning indicator

Country
    Romania
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

How could I reset the tyre pressure warning indicator

Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi Space Star (Mirage) 1.0 AS&G Inform model (2014 model).
    I have changed my tires to winter ones but the person who make it didn't know that the car have tyre pressure sensors. So he change the tyres but he didn't note somewhere the position of each wheel -now I have the yellow pressure sensor lighting -the ideea is that the position of each wheel didn't match with the old position -this is causing an error -and the pressure sensor in on on my board computer.
    My question is that is it possible to reset this sensor -so the computer have to store the new sensors position? Can I do it alone?
    I notice that if my engine is of, when I press some times the stick one of the option is something like "Setting" and if I hold it the yellow led is flashing for a while.
    Thank you for your help!
    Plase excuse my english which is not good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It is not a position issue. Unfortunately I suspect that one or more sensors got damaged while changing tires.
    The car has no idea where the sensors are,it just detects sensor ID being transmitted to it.(so rotating the tires can not cause a light even if the new locations are not registered)
    I don't know the setup there but in the USA the IDs can only be registered to the car at the dealer.
    Also if the light is flashing for a half a minute then goes on solid,there is a fault!
    If it just goes solid then it is indicating a low pressure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Romania
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It is flashing only when I press for a few seconds the stick on the board on Setting position. It is flashing for a whiler, after that it turns to on status (solid).
    I suppose that when is flashing the computer try to relocate the sensors. Maybe he want from me to do something, to push something, to do an action while it flash in order to relarn the position. That was my supposition. But if you are saying that the position of the sensors doesnt matter, my suppositions are failing.

So when I do nothing, the light is on (solid, no flashing).

Thank you for your support.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It has to be either a pressure issue or some TPMS sensor broken, especially if the mechanic didn't know that you had them. I'd at least check the pressure and consult the Owner's Manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Anyone know how to turn the pressure sensor light off permanently? Maybe by OBD?

My winter wheels are on a different set of rims without pressure sensors, so the nag light comes on and stays on. I would prefer it off permanently altogether.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I am in with you Foama, but I am afraid it stays on unless there is a third party device to reprogram the OBD

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Okay first of all, there a some threads like this on the Forum, so i figured out that this one maybe was the best place to reply..

Have anybody tried to reset the TPMS light himself?

I have been looking around a bit, because i only have the TPMS sensors at my summer wheels.
    So right now i am driving against the European Law without the TPMS system fully working.. But thats not whats bothering me, i would like to be able to reset the TPMS light when i put on my summer set on, and then back to winter when its time for that..

I just wanna do it myself, without the need of going to a dealer and pay them, for what i could do myself.
    The TMPS Tool would pay of if self after a few tires changes i guess, and over the hole life of the car that would be expensive..

So the question is have somebody tried this product?

https://iapdirect.com/blog/mitsubish...er-and-mirage/

In this video the guy talks about that it works with the Mirage to, but on the Homepage of the product the Mirage is not listed as functional with the Mirage..

Does anybody know if there is a product out there (im not talking about the thing that the dealer has) but something that anybody can buy pricetag is not so important ..