Page 111 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2095

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

trigger pulled.... part way

The sales guy just shot and sent a couple of HD videos for me:

1) a walkaround of the car showing more details of the cosmetic issues inside & out (confirmed: it's no garage queen);
    2) stopping/restarting the engine 12 times in a row (no grinds);
    3) tires are snows, with lots of tread.
    4) says brakes are "touchy" (maybe rusty from sitting, also I expect it may need brake work anyway)

It's only got 1 key. Oddly it's a top spec car -- I thought the top trim had pushbutton start, but I actually prefer a key, so no biggie.

He said the parking brake light stayed illuminated when he pulled out of the parking spot, but went out after he worked the brake lever a few times. (Sticky switch or low brake fluid? Switch seems more likely.)

Price negotiated, deposit placed. We have a deal, pending a test drive on Thursday morning. And he says if I find anything I don't like, he'll refund my deposit. ( Did I get that in writing? Hmm....)

I'll post the gory details on Thursday, one way or another!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-12-2019),Fummins (11-12-2019),Loren (11-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would ask them their OTD price before making the drive.
    I did, several times. I've been "surprised" by extra little dealership charges once or twice before.

Ah - he just sent me a photo of the pending bill of sale showing the OTD price -- no surprises. Nice!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    asked them write their bid down and hand it to me, the best bid gets the Vue. I had planned to keep and drive it but.....hey, I like money.
    Ha!! I sold a 26 ft sailboat this summer and could have done the same thing. I gave dibs to the people who emailed me first, even though they both showed up to look at it at the same time. At least that made it clear there was no wiggle room on the price.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Sounds like a deal to me. Looking forward to having another Mirage owner on the forum soon!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

I hope that deal works out! I had a few cars with the brake light on. Usually the brake fluid is low(time for pads) or that kick panel connector was one cause. I had one car last week with the brake and low washer fluid light on, the driver said both lights went out after he refilled the washer fluid.
    Either way it should be a relatively easy fix.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Wahoo! Here's hoping everything works out for you.

Are you gonna post live updates on your trip?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The sales guy just shot and sent a couple of HD videos for me:

1) a walkaround of the car showing more details of the cosmetic issues inside & out (confirmed: it's no garage queen);
    2) stopping/restarting the engine 12 times in a row (no grinds);
    3) tires are snows, with lots of tread.
    4) says brakes are "touchy" (maybe rusty from sitting, also I expect it may need brake work anyway)

It's only got 1 key. Oddly it's a top spec car -- I thought the top trim had pushbutton start, but I actually prefer a key, so no biggie.

He said the parking brake light stayed illuminated when he pulled out of the parking spot, but went out after he worked the brake lever a few times. (Sticky switch or low brake fluid? Switch seems more likely.)

Price negotiated, deposit placed. We have a deal, pending a test drive on Thursday morning. And he says if I find anything I don't like, he'll refund my deposit. ( Did I get that in writing? Hmm....)

Congrats!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Are you gonna post live updates on your trip?
    Maybe - I use the homing pigeon protocol for long-distance comms. Who's compatible?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Awesome! I have faith it will be a terrific little ride.

Ha!! I sold a 26 ft sailboat this summer
    Anothr sailor. With a Mirage type boat. Why am I not surprised? Ha. But I went stupid on the size and 52' is too much to handle with a crew of two.

I CALL DIBS IF THE DEAL FALLS THROUGH!!!
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

My bum is starting to hurt after filling up with gas this morning 79liters in a week when I was using 60 liters every 2 weeks in an optima. I might look at that 17' cvt for $5600. Front bumper is crunched and lh fender might be bent too but otherwise looks ok. The only thing weird I could see is the one pic shows the drivers side mirror mia. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...age/1470278536 It's hard trying to act practical.

I just found this one almost 2hrs away. 14'se 5spd 180k kms
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0615774964557/

Last edited by Fummins; 11-12-2019 at 09:20 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)