Page 113 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2095

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Good question. Do you have a VIN? We can get a lot of info with that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I might go check that 17 out this weekend. It'd be nice to find one for under $3000 but that seems unlikely right now in these parts. Might offer $5000 if it's not a total pos. With my luck I'll get it for 5 then cheapo specials will pop up everywhere.

I asked if he had any service records and what the history is on the car. He replied with he's got a carfax.... I really don't care about the history but service records would be kinda nice to see.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-14-2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Made it less Don Cherry.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I might go check that 17 out this weekend. It'd be nice to find one for under $3000 but that seems unlikely right now in these parts. Might offer $5000 if it's not a total pos. With my luck I'll get it for 5 then cheapo specials will pop up everywhere.
    Here's hoping it's in great shape, good enough to make you go "whoah!" That, or a $3000 "MUST SELL ASAP" one shows up in at least decent condition. I'm guessing you'll certify it?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-14-2019)

Certify, inspection? We don't need inspections here. It has an active status so it's good to go.
    Insurance company's usually ask for a safety inspection when I buy something over 10 years old. But after that, as long as you keep a policy on it they won't request another one. I can't do my own inspections, but I don't have a problem getting something passed when I need one.
    The guy sent me the Carfax for it. Looks like it lived around Vancouver for a while them moved to Alberta. Shows a few service records from 30-40k kms. Good enough for me.

I just realized you can just add your vin to the end of this link and it'll show you your options.
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/file/monroney?vin=
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-14-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The guy sent me the Carfax for it. Shows a few service records from 30-40k kms. Good enough for me.

I just realized you can just add your vin to the end of this link and it'll show you your options.
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/file/monroney?vin=
    Here's hoping it shows well and drives excellent.

I used the VIN from my first 2014, sold and titled as an ES, (I have the original ownership in front of me) and it comes back as an SE. I knew that car had to be an SE with the options it had. I wonder now if I can go back on the insurance because they only paid out based on my car being titled as an ES. and there's $000's in difference between the two trims new or used.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

I asked if he had any service records and what the history is on the car. He replied with he's got a carfax.... I really don't care about the history but service records would be kinda nice to see. I'm not a fan dealing with people who don't speak very good english or pretend to not know what you're asking......Hope that doesn't offend "you people" lol
    I would look at it this way. A lower mileage 2017 Mirage will have a lot of life in it. If you drive for 5 years, you would probably still get a couple thousand for it. You could probably drive it for another 10 year, too.

Meanwhile, you've multipled your miles/km per gallon/liter by how many times? No one knows better than you how low maintenance these cars are, too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-14-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Anyone know what time Darin was due to arrive at the Toyota dealer? What was his plan, bus it from his hometown on the chance he would buy it and use the 10 day trip permit to drive it home?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would look at it this way. A lower mileage 2017 Mirage will have a lot of life in it. If you drive for 5 years, you would probably still get a couple thousand for it. You could probably drive it for another 10 year, too.

Meanwhile, you've multipled your miles/km per gallon/liter by how many times? No one knows better than you how low maintenance these cars are, too.
    Good points. At 20k km a year it should easily last another 5 without problems and basically just oil changes and brakes. I don't think you can buy a reliable car with no obvious issues for under $3000 around here. If it runs people want $1000, if it moves add on another $1000, Brakes, steering, and the ability to pass a safety inspection if needed are extra.

I like money, throwing it away on tons of fuel driving to and from work is getting old fast. But I'm all over the map, one day I want an M5, next a Mirage.....But I also want to be mortgage free before I'm dead.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Anyone know what time Darin was due to arrive at the Toyota dealer? What was his plan, bus it from his hometown on the chance he would buy it and use the 10 day trip permit to drive it home?
    He was going to see it this morning. I'm sure we will hear from him sometime this afternoon.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    If only you gave him a ride...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-14-2019)