Page 131 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I wasn't so lazy, I'd list mine for sale. It's mostly just taking up space in the driveway these days. Is $4k "cheap"? It's a 2015 with around 50k miles on it, I think. Pretty good condition, but not perfect. Coilover kit, nice wheels, nice tint. Currently has back seat out, but could be put back in.

I'd walk away from it as-is for $4k, no questions asked. I'm sure it's worth quite a bit more than that, especially if I did a little work to it. (put the back seat in, replace the dinged up left-rear door, etc)

Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    If I wasn't so lazy, I'd list mine for sale. It's mostly just taking up space in the driveway these days. Is $4k "cheap"? It's a 2015 with around 50k miles on it, I think. Pretty good condition, but not perfect. Coilover kit, nice wheels, nice tint. Currently has back seat out, but could be put back in.

I'd walk away from it as-is for $4k, no questions asked. I'm sure it's worth quite a bit more than that, especially if I did a little work to it. (put the back seat in, replace the dinged up left-rear door, etc)
    Wow, funny you bring this up as I've been thinking (admiring, really) all the work you put into it.

Tough question. When one considers all the modifications and experiments you've made, and the similar-minded enthusiasts here, wouldn't $5,000 be a fair starting asking price?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hard to sell a modded car, I know that. Sure, if I found "the" right buyer who wanted all the mods that I've done... Geez, it's easily a $5k Mirage + around $2k worth of performance parts on it, and a ton of good development info to share.

But, odds are, it's going to go to someone who doesn't appreciate all of that, at least not fully. So, I've "written off" a lot of the cost of the modifications due to the fun that I had with them. I'm content just "wholesaling" the car at $4k to someone who will appreciate it.

Now, if I go to the trouble of making it more palatable to the general public (make it look as stock and nice as possible)... then I'll probably want $5k for it.

At $4k, the car is fully streetable as it is (and it's still capable of 50+ mpg, and the AC and all the accessories work!), and all it would need to be back to its former autocross glory is to be lowered an inch (takes 20 minutes), reinstall the rear swaybar, and fit wider tires! And I have a bunch of parts to go with it: the rear seats, the stock exhaust header and full stock exhaust, and every other part that I ever removed from it.

Part of me wants to keep it. But, it's silly to just keep a car that I don't drive.

Is $4k "cheap"? It's a 2015 with around 50k miles on it, I think. Pretty good condition, but not perfect. Coilover kit, nice wheels, nice tint.
    I'd say so!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

$4000 cad right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    $4000 cad right?
    He may feel he gave away the car a bit cheap when he goes in to cash his Canadian dollars to American?

$4000 Canadian = $3043.53 USD @ today's rates

Slightly. Damns Canadian pesos/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hard to sell a modded car, I know that. Sure, if I found "the" right buyer who wanted all the mods that I've done... Geez, it's easily a $5k Mirage + around $2k worth of performance parts on it, and a ton of good development info to share.

But, odds are, it's going to go to someone who doesn't appreciate all of that, at least not fully. So, I've "written off" a lot of the cost of the modifications due to the fun that I had with them. I'm content just "wholesaling" the car at $4k to someone who will appreciate it.

Now, if I go to the trouble of making it more palatable to the general public (make it look as stock and nice as possible)... then I'll probably want $5k for it.

At $4k, the car is fully streetable as it is (and it's still capable of 50+ mpg, and the AC and all the accessories work!), and all it would need to be back to its former autocross glory is to be lowered an inch (takes 20 minutes), reinstall the rear swaybar, and fit wider tires! And I have a bunch of parts to go with it: the rear seats, the stock exhaust header and full stock exhaust, and every other part that I ever removed from it.

Part of me wants to keep it. But, it's silly to just keep a car that I don't drive.
    If Covid ever lets me travel again for work, I need to get down to FLA. I would be tempted to one way and drive that thing home for 4k... like REALLY tempted. And that way you would know it would have a good home.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    KY is just a weekend trip.

If it weren't for COVID, I'd offer to drive it up and fly back. But, I don't want to get on a plane. Nope.

Could maybe talk my wife (or somebody else) into following me up to somewhere in the middle and meet you half way, maybe Atlanta?

I've got Saturdays free every week. Atlanta by 2-3pm wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

$2500 salvage 5MT with 54k km = 34k miles

Fummins alert!

Name:  $_59.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  95.3 KB

Edmonton car. I've seen this one advertised off & on for a long time, the price steadily declining. Note the snowbanks in the photos!

The description does not inspire confidence though:

Run and drive perfect it’s has Salvage title because of minor scratches. $2500 my last price.
    If "minor scratches" = salvage title, then 99% of my cars have been write-offs!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)